Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win StreakAugust 3, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) New Orleans Zephyrs
The Zephyrs scored a pair of first inning runs to grab an early 2-0 lead. The Z's extended the lead with a Chris Coghlan RBI in the third inning. Salt Lake outfielder Cory Aldridge hit his second home run of the series in the third to start the scoring. The Bees added three runs in the fourth inning to take a 4-3 lead.
The Zephyrs answered with a two run sixth inning. Rob Brantly doubled to score two and give the Zephyrs the lead. New Orleans starter Jacob Turner pitched six innings and allowed four runs on five hits in the no decision.
The Bees jumped on reliever Gary Glover with two runs in the seventh inning to re-take the lead. Salt Lake added two more runs in the eighth inning to extend their lead to 8-5. Glover takes the loss to drop his record to 2-3.
Salt Lake reliever Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless inning to earn the win. Seven Geltz pitched a scoreless eighth and Bobby Cassevah pitched the ninth for the save.
The Zephyrs fall to 4 games back of first place Albuquerque with 31 games to go.
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 3, 2012
- Round Rock wins 8-7 - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Fall 5-3; Five Game Win Streak Snapped - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Zephyrs Fall to Salt Lake - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Skaggs Dominant in 5-3 Aces' Victory - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Rally Past Tucson 8-7 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Drop Seventh Straight - Iowa Cubs
- RedHawks Game Notes: August 3, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Coleman Rejoins Iowa, Parker Rehabs with I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Reno Aces Aim to Beat the Heat with Hot Doggest Nights - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Tucson Padres - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Name LHP Brooks Raley Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Iowa Cubs
- Rainiers, Union Bank Hit a Home Run for Area Youth - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Lose to Fresno in Extras, 4-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Rainiers Roughed Up By RedHawks, 7-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Ely Resilient in 8-5 'Topes Win - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Cowgill Powers River Cats Past Redbirds, 4-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- RedHawks Snap Skid in 7-1 Victory - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Salt Lake rallies for win - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Sting Zephyrs, Snap Seven Game Win Streak - New Orleans Zephyrs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.