Timbers Launch New Food Cart Alliance Offerings SundayAugust 2, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Portland Timbers
Determined by a fan vote, Hawaiian food cart 808 Grinds is the first of four featured PTFCA food carts to serve its items and will be on hand Sunday at JELD-WEN Field as the Timbers play host to FC Dallas at 4 p.m. (Pacific).
The other PTFCA carts voted to prepare their specialties at upcoming Timbers matches are The Frying Scotsman (Aug. 25), Pepper Box (Aug. 31) and Big-Ass Sandwiches (Sept. 15). Each food cart will offer a selection of their specialty items at the Soccer City Grill concession stand on the east side of the stadium.
Launched in July, the PTFCA is free to join and will be accepting new food carts into the program through the remainder of the season. The Timbers will conduct another fan vote in early September to determine the final two PTFCA carts to serve at the stadium this season. Click here for a list of PTFCA members.
The PTFCA is a free, cross-promotion program open to all Portland-area food cart operators, designed to highlight the Rose City's vibrant food cart culture. The alliance offers affiliated food carts joint social media and grassroots promotional opportunities as well as the chance to create official Timbers-themed signature food items. Additionally, PTFCA members offer exclusive discounts to Timbers Axe Society members.
Additional information on the PTFCA and registration information is available at www.portlandtimbers.com/ptfca.
Major League Soccer Stories from August 2, 2012
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Timbers Launch New Food Cart Alliance Offerings Sunday - Portland Timbers
- Tigres UANL, C.D. Aguila to play friendly at BBVA Compass Stadium on September 8 - Houston Dynamo
- LA Galaxy Forward Robbie Keane Voted MLS Player of the Month for July - MLS
- Sporting Kc Signs Midfielder Oriol Rosell - Sporting Kansas City
- Sporting KC Records 1-1 Draw against EPL's Stoke City FC - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.