Colorado Eagles Continue Collection of Local College AlumniAugust 2, 2012 - ECHL (ECHL) Colorado Eagles
Ostrow spent last season in the ECHL with the Chicago Express, recording 31 points (11-20-31) in 59 games. He also saw time in the American Hockey League with the Rochester Americans, his second stint in the AHL after leaving DU following the 2010-11 season.
In four seasons with the Pioneers, the 5-foot-11-inch forward tallied 105 points (55-50-105) in 158 games and established himself as a team leader, acting as an assistant captain and captain in his final two seasons. Ostrow was also named Team MVP in his senior season. His younger brother, Shawn, followed him to DU, and completed his third season there last year.
Bidwill is a rookie who wrapped up a four-year career at CC last season, having registered 37 penalty minutes and three assists in 51 games with the Tigers. Following last season, the highly-regarded defenseman earned an amateur tryout with the Central Hockey League's Allen Americans for whom he appeared in four playoff games.
The 2012-13 season starts in October (a complete schedule can be found at www.ColoradoEagles.com). Tickets for all Eagles home games will go on sale September 21 and can be purchased at www.ComcastTix.com, the Budweiser Events Center box office, or by calling 1-877-544-TIXX (8499) or 970-686-SHOT (7468).
ECHL Stories from August 2, 2012
- Condors in the Community: Nominations Now Open for 'Spirit of Condorstown' Awards - Bakersfield Condors
- Lafranchise and Kremyr Return to Aces - Alaska Aces
- Everblades Announce Game Changes to 2012-13 Schedule - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Agree to Terms with Forwards Cramer, Mahbod and Klapkowski - Orlando Solar Bears
- Captain T.J. Reynolds Re-Signs with Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
- Colorado Eagles Continue Collection of Local College Alumni - Colorado Eagles
- Free Passes to Coney Island - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.