American Association Game RecapsJuly 30, 2012 - American Association (AA)
The Lincoln Saltdogs used a 10-run sixth inning to out match the Sioux City Explorers 11-4. 2B/SS David Espinosa led off the seventh with a single and RF Mike Provencher promptly brought him home with a two-run home run. Eleven batters later Provencher scored his second run of the inning when LF Matt Forgatch doubled him and 1B John Alonso across for the ninth and tenth runs of the inning. All told the Saltdogs sent 14 batters to the plate, registered six hits and left one runner on base. Espinosa lead all hitters with three hits in the game and Forgatch finished the night 2-for-4. For the Explorers, DH Ryan Priddy hit a three run home run in the fourth inning to put Sioux City on top 4-0. The Saltdogs finished the game with 11 unanswered runs.
Kansas City 9, Grand Prairie 1
The Kansas City T-Bones jumped out to an early lead with a three-run first inning and went on to take the game from the Grand Prairie AirHogs 9-1. LF Brandon Jones kick started the game with a two-run home run in the first inning. The AirHogs walked in a run later in the inning to put the T-Bones up 3-0. SS Devin Goodwin and 2B Adam De La Garza both also homered for the T-Bones. Jones and DH Lee Cruz both had a game high three hits in five at bats. For the AirHogs, despite two strikeouts C Scott Clement finished the game with a team-high two hits. P Brian Grening picked up the win working seven innings and allowed just one run on four hits while striking out seven batters.
Wichita 8, Laredo 3
The Wichita Wingnuts toppled the Laredo Lemurs 8-3 with the help of a four-RBI game from 1B Mark Wagner. Wagner finished the game 2-for-4 including a first inning double that helped the Wingnuts out to an early 2-1 lead. Both SS Ryan Khoury and RF David Peralta also had a pair of hits in the game and Khoury crossed the plate a game-high four times. Laredo's LF Stephen Douglas finished the game 2-for-2 with a pair of RBI as well. The rest of the Lemurs managed just four hits and the Wingnuts out hit Laredo 9-6 in the ball game. P Derek Blacksher earned the win for his eight innings effort in which he allowed three runs on five hits.
El Paso 7, Amarillo 6 (Final - 10 innings)
The El Paso Diablos walked off on the Amarillo Sox in the 10th inning when RF Welington Dotel's one-out single scored SS Maikol Gonzalez. Dotel's single broke the 6-6 tie but he did not receive an RBI as Gonzalez reached on an error. Dotel still had a team-high two RBI as he went 3-for-6. El Paso C Zane Chavez also had three hits in the game. Three other Diablos had two-hit games as El Paso racked up 15 hits on the night. For Amarillo, 1B Tyler Goodro went 3-for-5 and knocked in two RBI. 2B Adam Buschini tripled twice in the ball game to bring home two runs. P Justin Harper was the winner on the mound as he worked the ninth and tenth innings without giving up a run.
American Association Stories from July 30, 2012
- Abercrombie Hits Walk-Off Homer in Debut - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Third Time in Four Games Saints Are Walk-Off Winners, 7-6 over RedHawks in 11 Innings - St. Paul Saints
- Big Inning Leads Wingnuts Past Sox - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saltdogs Double Header Tuesday at 6 PM; All Berm Tickets $1 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Abercrombie Returns to Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- "Mr. Belding" to be at T-Bones Game on August 2 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Wingnuts Re-Acquire 2009 MVP - Wichita Wingnuts
- Winnipeg Goldeyes/Winnipeg Harvest Team up for Tools for School - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Saints Rookie Pitcher Luke Anderson Earns American Association Pitcher of the Week - St. Paul Saints
- Jackson Named Batter of the Week - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Lincoln Blasts X's with Big Seventh - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Walk Offs Continue As Diablos Sweep Sox - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.