Baysox Drop Two to AerosJuly 28, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Bowie Baysox
In the completion of the suspended game, the Aeros got on the board first with a three-run bottom of the third inning. With one out Jordan Henry hit an RBI single and then two batters later Nick Weglarz hit a two-run single to give the Aeros a 3-0 lead.
The Baysox got on the board in the fifth on a sacrifice fly by Caleb Joseph to make the score 3-1.
In the seventh, the Baysox would mount a rally. Rhyne Hughes hit a one-out single and went to second on a ground out by Buck Britton. Joseph then made it a one-run game with an RBI single. The Aeros finished off the win when Jai Miller flied out to right field.
Toru Murata picked up the win going three innings and allowing one run on three hits when the game resumed.
Despite giving up a run in the seventh, Preston Guilmet got the save going one inning and allowing one run on two hits.
Jake Pettit got the loss going three innings and allowing three runs on four hits with two walks.
In the second game, the Aeros again struck first. With the bases loaded and two outs in the fourth, Ryan Rohlinger hit a two-run single to give Akron a 2-0 lead.
The Baysox got their lone run of the game in the sixth inning on a solo home run by Rhyne Huges to make the score 2-1.
In the bottom half of the inning, the Aeros put the game away by scoring four runs, three of which were unearned to make the score 6-1.
Steven Wright picked up the win going 6.1 innings and allowing one run on five hits with four strikeouts.
Eddie Gamboa got the loss going five innings and allowing two runs on six hits with four strikeouts.
The Baysox are currently on a four-game road trip. All of the games can be heard on www.baysox.com . They will return home on Tuesday, July 31 for a six-game homestand that begins with four games against the New Britain Rock Cats.
Eastern League Stories from July 28, 2012
- Reading Rides Strong Pitching Performances in Sweep - Reading Fightin Phils
- Squirrels Subdue SeaWolves, 6-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Squirrels Drop SeaWolves on Saturday - Erie SeaWolves
- Thunder Comeback to Beat Major Leaguer Wang in DH Sweep of Harrisburg - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Sweep Double-Dip from Baysox, 3-2, and 6-1 - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Drop Two to Aeros - Bowie Baysox
- McGuire Strong in 5-1 Win at Altoona - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve Unable to Hit the Deck in Loss to 'Cats - Altoona Curve
- Early Deficit Too Much for B-Mets, 5-1 - Binghamton Mets
- 'Dogs Down Mets 5-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Erie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Portland Sea Dogs - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 28 at Binghamton - Portland Sea Dogs
- R-Phils Outlast Rock Cats in Marathon 10-9 Win - Reading Fightin Phils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.