Rain and Cyclones not enough to stop ScrappersJuly 28, 2012 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) Mahoning Valley Scrappers
The Scrappers trailed the Cyclones 2-1 going into the bottom of the 8th inning. The first two hitters were retired in order by Cyclones reliever David Wynn. The Joe Wendle delivered his 3rd hit of the game, a single, to put the tying run aboard. Sever followed, and was not interested in tying the game. He sent a 2-0 fastball over the leftfield fence and into the Brooklyn bullpen for his first professional homerun. It put the Scrappers up by the final margin, 3-2.
The Scrappers and Cyclones will play again on Sunday at 5:05. It will also be Base Brawl 3, with live professional wrestling following the game. Call the Scrappers box office at 330-505-0000 to get your tickets.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 28, 2012
- Late night results in Cutter loss - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Rain and Cyclones not enough to stop Scrappers - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Maxwell Leads Vermont To 7-2 Victory At Aberdeen - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Birds Unable to Rally, Fall to Lake Monsters 7-2 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spikes, Spinners Postponed by Rain on Saturday - State College Spikes
- Tigers and Jammers Postponed - Connecticut Tigers
- Force Not with Spinners as Rain Postpones Spinners, Doubleheader Set for 5:05 Sunday - Lowell Spinners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.