Gallego Tallies Four Hits in Hawks LossJuly 28, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) South Bend Silver Hawks
Anthony DeSclafani (9-3) got the win for the Lugnuts, allowing one earned run on six hits over five innings. Andrew Barbosa (1-2) took the loss for the Silver Hawks, surrendering six earned runs on nine hits over 5.1 innings. 7
Niko Gallego recorded a career-high four hits to pace the Silver Hawks offensively. Tom Belza went 3-for-5 with a double, a triple and three runs knocked in. The Silver Hawks were outhit 15-13.
Lansing built a 9-2 lead after eight innings before the Silver Hawks rallied for three runs in the ninth.
Ryan Court gave the Silver Hawks a 1-0 lead with a sacrifice fly in the first inning. Court extended his hitting streak to nine games with an RBI single in the ninth inning.
Lansing scored four runs in the second inning and three runs in the eighth inning. Chris Schaeffer hit a two-run double in the second inning. Kevin Patterson laced a bases-clearing double in the eighth inning. K.C. Hobson led the Lugnuts, finishing 4-for-5 with a double and two runs knocked in.
Kable Hogben worked 1.2 scoreless innings out of the Silver Hawks bullpen. Frank Santana surrendered three earned runs on five hits over an inning.
The Silver Hawks and Lugnuts continue the three-game series Sunday at Cooley Law School Stadium. Archie Bradley (8-5, 3.65) is scheduled to start for South Bend. Blake McFarland (5-3, 3.88) gets the ball for the Lugnuts. First pitch is slated for 2:05 p.m. EST. The Silver Hawks return home on Tuesday, July 31 to take on the Fort Wayne TinCaps at 1:05 p.m. EST. Tickets are available for purchase by calling 235-9988 or online at www.silverhawks.com.
Midwest League Stories from July 28, 2012
- Errant Throw Gives Fort Wayne Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Lose 10-4 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hot Rods Solve Whitecaps on Saturday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Nine Hits But Not Enough Runs - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Taylor Provides Another Walk-Off Winner for Clinton - Clinton LumberKings
- TinCaps Win on Great Lakes' Late Miscue - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bees Pop Kernels, 6-1 - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Roar Back for Win - Kane County Cougars
- Gallego Tallies Four Hits in Hawks Loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- River Bandits Lose Fourth Straight on Another Walk-Off - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Streaking LumberKings top Rattlers on a walkoff single - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Hobson Drives Lugnuts To 9-5 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Captains Escape with One Run Win - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Battle Back But Fall 6-5 at Lake County - Dayton Dragons
- Burlington Bees Make Roster Moves - Burlington Bees
- Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for July 31-August 3 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Great Lakes Drops Series in Loss - Great Lakes Loons
- Baez's blast downs Kernels, 3-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.