Harrington, Janzen Among PGA Tour Pros at Aces Ballpark MondayJuly 28, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Harrington will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to Monday's 7:05 p.m. game against the Sacramento River Cats. Janzen, Chris DiMarco and Billy Horschel will be taking batting practice with the Aces before the game.
Harrington, Janzen, DiMarco and Horschel are part of a star-studded field participating in the 2012 Reno-Tahoe Open at MontrÃªux Golf and Country Club July 30-August 5.
All media wishing to cover the batting-practice event are asked to meet outside the Aces dugout at 4 p.m. Monday. Harrington's ceremonial first pitch will take place approximately 10-15 minutes prior to game time.
Harrington is a three-time major winner on the Tour, including two British Open titles (2007, 2008) and the 2008 PGA Championship. In 2008, he was named PGA Tour Player of the Year and earned his second of back-to-back European Tour Player of the Year honors. The Dublin, Ireland native has 26-career professional victories and has participated in the Ryder Cup six times.
Janzen outdueled Payne Stewart to win his first U.S. Open at Baltusrol in 1993. Five years later, he overcame a five-stroke deficit on Sunday to win another U.S. Open at the Olympic Club in San Francisco. Janzen won the 1995 Players Championship and has been a part of two Ryder Cup teams.
DiMarco has seven-career professional victories, including three on the PGA Tour. He's recorded at least one top-10 finish in all four major championships, and has participated in the Ryder Cup twice and the Presidents Cup twice.
Horschel began his professional career in 2009, making his first cut at the Mayakoba Golf Classic at Riviera Maya in 2011. At the University of Florida, Horschel was a four-time All-American and two-time Southeastern Conference Player of the Year.
The Reno-Tahoe Open is in its 14th year, and the 2012 event will be played using the Modified Stableford format. For tickets and more information on the PGA Tour's Reno-Tahoe Open, please call (775) 322-3900 or visit www.RenoTahoeOpen.com.
Tickets are on-sale now for Monday's game at Aces Ballpark and the rest of the club's series against the Sacramento River Cats. Fans can log-on to RenoAces.com, call (775) 334-7000 or visit the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 28, 2012
- River Cats Keep Rolling, Beat Aces, 13-4 - Sacramento River Cats
- River Cats Take Opener over Reno, 13-4 - Reno Aces
- Castellanos, 'Topes Pound Sounds 13-3 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Isotopes Thump Sounds in Series Opener, 13-3 - Nashville Sounds
- Sox Starter, Offense Both Shine in 10-1 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Zephyrs Edge Cubs in Pitchers' Duel - Iowa Cubs
- The Express derail the Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Express Clips Memphis 8-4 - Round Rock Express
- Omaha's offensive struggles continue - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cisnero, Wallace Shine in 6-2 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Turner Solid in Debut, Z's Win 2-1 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Harrington, Janzen Among PGA Tour Pros at Aces Ballpark Monday - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes: July 28, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Memphis Redbirds - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Walk Off Winners Against Tucson, 2-1 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Fall to Sky Sox 7-4 in Series Finale - Reno Aces
- Tacoma beats Tucson - Tucson Padres
- River Cats Win Third Straight, Drop Bees, 7-2 - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.