D.C. United acquires Raphael Augusto on loan from FluminenseJuly 28, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) D.C. United
"Raphael is a talented midfielder with excellent athletic qualities and great feet," said D.C. United General Manager Dave Kasper. "We are excited about his upside and look forward to getting him integrated into our group."
Augusto was born on March 6, 1991 and is currently out on loan from Fluminense to America-RN of the Brazilian Serie B, also of Brazil. During his spell with Fluminense, Augusto has made several appearances with the first team.
The move was made possible because United striker Maicon Santos has obtained his green card and will no longer occupy an international slot on the club's roster.
"D.C. United would like to give a special note of thanks to Rep. Jim Moran for his support of our club and our pursuit of excellence on behalf of our fans throughout the metropolitan Washington area," said Kasper. "We appreciate all of his efforts on behalf of Maicon in helping him to obtain U.S. residency status."
Santos is second on the team with seven goals this season. The Brazilian forward has played in 18 matches (13 starts) after being acquired by United in January.
Major League Soccer Stories from July 28, 2012
- Sporting KC Suffers 2-1 Loss to Columbus Crew - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC defeat Rapids - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas Sets Stadium Attendance Record, But Falls 1-0 to L.A. Galaxy - FC Dallas
- Dynamo Tops Toronto FC 2-0 - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United acquires Raphael Augusto on loan from Fluminense - D.C. United
- Red Bulls Waive Midfielder Ryan Maduro - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake Gets Pair of Goals from Fw Alvaro Saborio To Beat Vancouver - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Whitecaps FC Left Disappointed by Real Salt Lake Defeat - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.