Diablos Rally Again In Ninth, Walk Off In 12thJuly 28, 2012 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
With one out and Maikol Gonzalez on base, Einertson cleared the left field wall to rally the Diablos in the ninth for the fourth consecutive home contest. Marks' game-winning single in the 12th off Jack Spradlin (5-6) came after two crucial Sox errors to put the winning run in scoring position.
The real star of the game for El Paso may have been Scott Hodsdon who pitched ten innings, allowing two runs on seven hits and striking out five. Justin Harper (1-1) then pitched two scoreless innings in extras to earn his first victory as a Diablo.
The Sox had built a 2-0 lead on a sacrifice fly and an RBI single before Johnson served up the tying home run to Einertson.
The Diablos move to 27-36 entering game two of the series on Saturday. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. (MST).
American Association Stories from July 28, 2012
- Lemurs Lose a Close One - Laredo Lemurs
- Kent Helps Salvage Win for T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kent Slams Door on AirHogs' Rally in Ninth - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Chirinos Dazzles In Debut As Diablos Take Fourth Straight Series - El Paso Diablos
- Saltdogs snap six-game losing streak - Sioux City Explorers
- Pheasants Rally Big to Beat Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints' Pitching Baffles Les Capitales in 6-2 Win - St. Paul Saints
- One Comeback Bid Not Enough - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Debuting 'Dogs Impress in Crisp Series Equalizer - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Fargo Defeats RailCats 9-2 to Take Series - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Will Have Two Carr's to Choose From, Sign Pitcher Nick Carr - St. Paul Saints
- Aizenstadt Purchased by Phillies - Wichita Wingnuts
- RailCats Acquire Shah, Rolon from Lincoln - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Dogs Trade for Lock-Down Reliever, Slugging Rookie OF - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Diablos Rally Again In Ninth, Walk Off In 12th - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.