American Association ResultsJuly 26, 2012 - American Association (AA)
Starting Amarillo pitcher Justin Garcia threw a complete-game three-hitter, giving his ball club plenty of time to drive in runs, and the Sox eventually beat Wichita, 5-0. Garcia - whose ERA sits at 3.76 - walked none and struck out four Wingnuts batters. Sox leadoff CF Harrison Kain stepped into the batter's box in the seventh, his club clinging to a narrow, 2-0 lead and still without a hit to his credit. Kain put an end to that, taking a 1-0 pitch over the outfield wall for his third home run on the season. The blast - a three-run shot - stretched the lead to eventual winning margin. Sox RF Derrick Pyles led all players in hits, going 3-for-4 and scoring a run.
St. Paul 3, Kansas City 0
Already leading, 1-0, in the seventh inning, the Saints took advantage of a couple early base runners - the frame opened with a walk and an error - to score two runs and take a 3-0 lead. St. Paul eventually beat the T-Bones by that same score. Despite allowing only two hits in a complete-game effort, Kansas City starting pitcher Josh Rainwater was sattled with the loss. Rainwater struck out four Saints batters while allowing only one free pass. At the plate for St. Paul's Jose Hernandez walked once and scored a run to bolster his 1-for-3 performance.
El Paso 8, Grand Prairie 6
The AirHogs seemed to have a counterstrike to every haymaker El Paso threw Thursday night. El Paso puts up two in the top of the first inning. Grand Prairie scores one in the bottom of the frame. Four for the Diablos in the third. Four half an inning later for the AirHogs. But when the Diablos brought around two in the top of the sixth inning, turning a 6-6 tie into an 8-6 advantage, Grand Prairie had no answer. El Paso beat the AirHogs by that same, 8-6 score. Diablos RF Welington Dotel was one of four El Paso batters with more than one hit, going a perfect 4-for-4 - alls singles - with two RBI. Dotel has driven in 21 runs on the year. AirHogs LF David Thomas hit his fifth home run of the season but went just 1-for-5 on the night.
Gary SouthShore 5, Sioux City 1 (In progress - Bottom 8)
The game between Gary SouthShore and Sioux City is in progress in the bottom of the eighth inning. The RailCats lead, 5-1.
American Association Stories from July 26, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos' Bullpen Shuts Down AirHogs to Earn Series Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Diablos beat Grand Prairie - El Paso Diablos
- T-Bones Lose Despite Great Pitching from Rainwater - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saints Manage Just Two Hits, But Win 3-0 - St. Paul Saints
- Sox Shutout Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Two Out Rally Pushes RedHawks Past Pheasants 8-4 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Errors Costly in Pheasants Loss to Fargo - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Hot Weather Deal Is on for Upcoming Homestand - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Swept by Capitales - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Goldeyes Add Bailey to the Bullpen - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Hey Ladies! Saints Host Girls Night out July 28 - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.