Maikel Jova Collects Two More Hits, Extends Streak to 37 GamesJuly 26, 2012 - North American League (NAL) San Rafael Pacifics
Jova singled in the Pacifics run-scoring fourth inning, and again in the fifth, off Stars starter Dallas Mahan, and is hitting .380 on the season - best in the North American League.
With the streak continuing, the right fielder now has the longest in the minors since James McOwen set the California League record with a 45-game streak in 2009, while playing for the Class-A advanced High Desert Mavericks (Seattle Mariners).
The Pacifics (24-13) and the Stars (19-19) played to a 1-1 tie into the ninth inning. Before San Rafael High grad Steve Detwiler reached on a lead-off hit by pitch - his ninth of the season - and pinch runner Zack Pace scored on Boggs' two-out RBI single. Dion Pouncil committed an error on Jova's grounder to second, allowing Boggs to score a critical insurance run for San Rafael.
Pacifics right-hander Julian Arballo (5-2) earned the win, pitching the final two frames in relief of starter Jake Rasner. Rasner continued his dominant season, allowing five runs in 7 innings, striking out four and walking just one. Rasner's 2.39 ERA is fourth best in the North American League.
Arballo allowed a ninth-inning double to Arnoldo Ponce, who scored on Matt Hibbert's one-out singe. Hibbert was cut down, 6-2-5 to end the game, trying to score the tying run from third.
The two teams play Thursday at 8:35 p.m., PDT. For more information, visit www.Pacificsbaseball.com, or you can follow the action on Game Live, or stay up to date on Twitter.com, @SRPacifics .
North American League Stories from July 26, 2012
- Edinburg Pitching Sits Down 14 Cats' Batters on Strikeouts - Fort Worth Cats
- Tullo Pitches Roadrunners Past Cats - Edinburg Roadrunners
- WhiteWings Win in Dramatic Fashion - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Wings Defeat Thunder in Walk-Off - McAllen Thunder
- Colts and Prairie Dogs Rained Out - San Angelo Colts
- Postponed in San Angelo - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Join the Colts Fan Caravan to Abilene - San Angelo Colts
- Maikel Jova Collects Two More Hits, Extends Streak to 37 Games - San Rafael Pacifics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.