Smokies to Host 'Peanut-Free' Night on Monday, July 30July 25, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Tennessee Smokies
The Smokies will take anything containing peanuts off its concessions menu for the 5:30 p.m. doubleheader. Additionally the stadium will be cleaned and rinsed to remove as much peanut residue from the seats, concourse and other areas as possible.
"The Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Center is excited to join the Tennessee Smokies for the first ever Peanut-Free Night," said Board Certified Allergist, Dr. Bob Overholt. "We appreciate Smokies fans for helping us raise awareness about peanut allergies and hope everyone enjoys the game."
With more than 3 Million people in the United States reporting being allergic to peanuts, tree nuts or both, the Smokies are one of several Minor League Baseball teams to hold a peanut-free game this season.
Tickets are available online at www.smokiesbaseball.com, by calling (865) 286-2300 or at the Smokies Ticket Office.
Southern League Stories from July 25, 2012
- Wahoos and Fans Wear Red in Support of Affiliation - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Lake Lifts Smokies Past Suns 7-5 - Jacksonville Suns
- Behind Lake's Two Homers, Smokies Win Third Straight - Tennessee Smokies
- Lee Ties Franchise Record as Biscuits Down Generals - Montgomery Biscuits
- Generals Drop Fourth Straight on Wednesday - Jackson Generals
- Evan Gattis to the GCL - Mississippi Braves
- Lookouts Top Barons, 7-1 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies to Host 'Peanut-Free' Night on Monday, July 30 - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Burgos' Complete Game Leads Stars to Victory - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.