Late Collapse Haunts CarolinaJuly 23, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Carolina Mudcats
Winston-Salem (16-15, 60-40) kicked the offense in gear by stealing five bases against Carolina (17-14, 49-52). The Mudcats have allowed a total of 11 pilfered bases in two games. The inability to stop the running game led to chaos as the Dash pounded out 15 hits, six for extra bases.
Steve McCray (5-2) pitched a strong outing for the Dash. The right-hander held the Mudcats to three runs on five hits over seven innings.
Francisco Jimenez (8-7) was touched up for four runs on six hits over six frames.
The Dash scored three in the fourth to take a one run lead. They added a three spot in the seventh, and plated five in the eighth against reliever Rob Nixon to put the game away.
The Mudcats took an early 2-0 lead on a sacrifice-fly to left by Bo Greenwell and a mammoth, solo home run to right field by Carlos Moncrief. It was his team-leading 14th of the season.
Carolina continues their four-game series at Winston-Salem on Tuesday night. First pitch is set for 7:00 p.m. The Mudcats return home July 31 to host Myrtle Beach for three games. Tickets are available through the box office by calling (919) 269-2287 or visiting carolinamudcats.com.
Carolina League Stories from July 23, 2012
- Salem Outslugs Myrtle Beach 11-5 - Salem Red Sox
- Big Innings Doom Rocks against Frederick - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Keys Charge Past Wilmington 10-5 - Frederick Keys
- Red Sox Rattle Roman After Rain in Roanoke Valley, 11-5 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Dash Cruise Past Carolina for 60th Victory - Winston-Salem Dash
- Late Collapse Haunts Carolina - Carolina Mudcats
- Schlosser Goes the Distance for 11th Win - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Schlosser Shuts Down Potomac Again - Potomac Nationals
- Taylor, Karns Named Carolina League Players of the Week - Potomac Nationals
- Bundy Featured on NBC Sports Network - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Patty the Patriot Wins Mascot Fan Vote - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.