Dynamo Forward Calen Carr Voted MLS Player of the WeekJuly 23, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Houston Dynamo
Carr netted a brace-his first two goals of the MLS season-in the Dynamo's 2-1 win over Sporting Kansas City on July 18. He also added an assist-another first for him in the 2012 campaign-in Houston's 3-0 defeat of the Montreal Impact on July 21.
Carr started the scoring in the 25th minute of the club's match against Sporting Kansas City off of an assist from Will Bruin. With the game tied at 1-1 in the 79th minute, Carr slotted the ball to Brad Davis on the left wing and then hit Davis's cross in stride to score the game-winning goal.
In his seventh season in MLS, Carr has earned Player of The Week for the first time in his career. Carr's accolade also represents Houston's first Player of the Week award this season.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season by a panel of journalists from NASR. The group consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. More information and membership information can be found at http://www.soccerreporters.com/.
Major League Soccer Stories from July 23, 2012
- Weekly Update: Rapids Host Swansea City A.F.C. Tomorrow - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rapids Auctioning Autographed, Game-Worn Jerseys to Benefit HelpColoradoNow.org - Colorado Rapids
- Timbers Weekly Update - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Releases Statement Regarding Tim Cahill - New York Red Bulls
- Tickets for U.S. Men's National Team World Cup Qualifier on Sale Tomorrow - Sporting Kansas City
- Limited Tickets Remain for the Dynamo's August 3 Match vs. the New York Red Bulls - Houston Dynamo
- Crew News & Notes: Crew Begins Busy Week with International Friendly against Stoke City FC Tuesday - Columbus Crew
- FC Dallas Captures U-18 Development Academy Championship with Come from Behind 3-2 Victory against V - FC Dallas
- Weekly Update: First Place Red Bulls Visit Montreal on Saturday - New York Red Bulls
- Dynamo Forward Calen Carr Voted MLS Player of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Houston Dynamo Forward Calen Carr Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Chicago Fire Head to Bay Area to Quell the Earthquakes - Chicago Fire
- RSL-AZ Players Honored at 2011-12 USSDA End of Year Awards - Real Salt Lake
- Sporting KC Hosts Montpellier Herault SC on Tuesday - Sporting Kansas City
- Barclays and Under Armour Announced as Title and Presenting Sponsors of New York Cup - New York Red Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.