Late Offense Pushes Grand Prairie Past T-BonesJuly 23, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Grand Prairie scored one run on three singles in the bottom of the seventh as Yasutsugu Nishimoto hit a line drive to center with two outs, scoring Porter from third, making the score 3-2.
The AirHogs put the finishing touches on their comeback in the eighth against T-Bones lefty reliever Steve Kent (4-4). After a lead-off walk to Brian Myrow, the AirHogs put together three straight RBI base hits. Andres Rodriguez doubled, driving in Myrow. Porter then doubled, scoring Rodriguez and giving Grand Prairie a 4-3 lead. Finally, Zane Chavez then singled, scoring Porter and pushing the AirHogs out to a 5-3 lead.
Closer Justin Dowdy pitched a scoreless ninth and got his 13th save of the season.
The late inning offense by the AirHogs overshadowed another fine start by T-Bones right-hander and Liberty, Mo., native, Luke Irvine. For 6 2/3 innings, he stymied the Grand Prairie offense, holding it to just two runs on eight hits with no walks and four strikeouts.
The loss drops Kansas City to 33-29 overall, with the fourth and final game of the series set for a 7:05 start on Monday evening. The T-Bones send left-hander Devin Anderson (3-5; 4.07 ERA) to the mound and can split the series with a win. Grand Prairie will turn to right-hander Will Irvin (1-1; 5.63). Catch the play-by-play call on the KMBZ Business Channel (1660 AM) or online at www.tbonesbaseball.com.
American Association Stories from July 23, 2012
- Capra Fans Nine, But Wingnuts Drop Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints win 14-2 over Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Win First of Three against Saltdogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Lemurs Bullpen Shoulders Heavy Load, Shines in Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Anderson Helps T-Bones Shut out AirHogs, Earn Split - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Club Explorers 14-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Justin Garcia named Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Amarillo Sox
- Fans select Abercrombie, Hermansen and Pagan for 20th-Anniversary Team - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Brian Beuning Not Released - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pheasants Trade for Winnipeg Outfielder - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Release Beuning and Spottiswood, Trade Carpenter - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Offense Pushes Grand Prairie Past T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.