Rockhounds Top Missions 8-3July 21, 2012 - Texas League (TL) San Antonio Missions
The Missions got on the board first, going up 1-0 on Cody Decker's sacrifice fly that scored catcher Ali Solis in the bottom of the opening inning.
San Antonio's lead would be short-lived as the RockHounds responded the next inning, plating four runs off San Antonio starter Josh Geer. They added another run an inning later to go up 5-1.
Reymond Fuentes' fourth inning double scored Edinson Rincon to bring the Missions within three but they would get no closer. Midland designated hitter Matt Rizzotti homered off the scoreboard in the fifth to make it 6-2 and would score the `Hounds seventh run two innings later.
Shortstop Jeudy Valdez brought in Fuentes with another sacrifice fly in the Missions half of the frame. Rizzotti's big night continued as he singled home Josh Horton with the final run in the top of the ninth.
Game three of the series is tomorrow night at 7:05 p.m. Sonny Gray (4-7, 4.38 ERA) will start for the RockHounds while fellow righty Eddie Kunz (2-1, 3.63 ERA) goes for San Antonio.
Tomorrow there will be a soccer ball giveaway sponsored by Kellogg's for the first 500 kids 12 & under. Following the game kids will be allowed to run the bases.
You can catch all the Missions action on KKYX 680 AM, the home of Missions baseball with Roy Acuff and Mike Saeger.
Texas League Stories from July 21, 2012
- Rockhounds Top Missions 8-3 - San Antonio Missions
- Efficiency the Key to Arenas' Complete-Game Victory - Arkansas Travelers
- Cosart Shuts Down Frisco - Frisco RoughRiders
- Drillers Drop Second Straight in Little Rock - Tulsa Drillers
- Cardinals Beat Naturals 4-1 - Springfield Cardinals
- Perez Homer Does in Naturals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Game Notes, July 21 vs. Frisco - Corpus Christi Hooks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.