Howard's Two Hits Not Enough in 9-1 LossJuly 21, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
The Sea Dogs jumped ahead early in the second inning against starter and losing pitcher Yohan Pino (5-5). With one out and two on, Matt Spring homered into the Dinner in the Den to put Portland on top 3-0.
Kenen Bailli produced the Fisher Cats only run in the bottom of the fourth. With runners at second and third, a groundout scored Brad Glenn to cut into the Sea Dogs lead at 3-1.
From there, it was all Portland. Pino allowed three more runs in the top of the fifth, all with two outs, highlight by a two-run homer from Reynaldo Rodriguez. In the seventh, again with two outs, three more runs scored against reliever Les Walrond to push the lead to 9-1.
Pino lasted five innings after being activated from the disabled list earlier in the day. He gave up six runs and nine hits, recording four strikeouts.
Fisher Cats hitters managed just six hits - all singles - against Portland starter Drake Britton (W; 2-3). Kevin Howard was the lone Fisher Cat with multiple hits, going 2-4 with a strikeout.
The series comes to an end on Sunday afternoon at 1:35 PM. The first 1,000 kids will receive a Glow-in-the-Dark Baseball while all kids can run the bases after the game, courtesy of the Buyers Beware Program. For tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
RHP John Stilson (2-2, 3.38) takes the ball against former Fisher Cat Mike MacDonald (1-0, 1.17. Radio coverage begins at 1:15 PM with Tom Gauthier and Dick Lutsk on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from July 21, 2012
- Baysox Start Quick, Hold off B-Mets - Bowie Baysox
- First Inning Dooms B-Mets Again in 7-5 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Aeros Crush Squirrels in 10-1 Win - Akron Aeros
- Curve Sweep Doubleheader from Erie - Altoona Curve
- Big First Inning by Reading Sinks Thunder, 7-1 - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Down Fisher Cats 9-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Snap Seven-Game Losing Streak with Shutout - Harrisburg Senators
- Akron Overwhelms Squirrels, 10-1 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Wolves Swept in Doubleheader - Erie SeaWolves
- Howard's Two Hits Not Enough in 9-1 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Wolves Drop Game One of Saturdays DH - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels Games Notes vs. Akron - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Best Selling Author and Movie Stars Coming to Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- B-Mets Game Notes: at Bowie Baysox - Binghamton Mets
- Brach to Mudcats - Akron Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.