Suchy's Perfect Day at Plate Leads Willmar to 5-1 VictoryJuly 19, 2012 - Northwoods League (Northwoods) Willmar Stingers
Suchy (Florida Gulf Coast) increased his team-leading RBI total to 51 with a two-out double in the third inning to score Forrestt Allday (Central Arkansas) and Mitch Rowan (San Francisco), breaking a 1-1 tie. Suchy also leads the team with 10 doubles this season and his 51 RBIs are five away from breaking the franchise record for most in a single season set by Jordan Smith with 56 in 2010.
Two batters later, Kenny Roberts (Alabama) singled to drive home Suchy and give the Stingers a 4-1 lead at the end of the third inning. Roberts now has 38 RBIs in 40 games with the team.
Scott Lieser (St. Cloud State) improved to 4-1 and lowered his ERA to 2.95 after striking out eight batters and only allowing one run on five hits in 5.2 innings. Lieser, who made 12 straight appearances out of the bullpen for the Stingers, threw exactly 100 pitches in his first start since June 5 and raised his season strikeout total to 37 in 36.2 innings.
Josh Biggs (Evansville) threw 2.1 innings of scoreless relief while striking out three, and Brady Anderson (Florida Gulf Coast) struck out two while working a perfect ninth.
Trailing 1-0 in the second inning, Suchy was hit by a pitch to lead off the frame. Following a Roberts single, Hunter Dozier (Stephen F. Austin) walked to load the bases. Max Kuhn (Kentucky) hit a sacrifice fly to right field for his sixth-straight game with an RBI. Kuhn has seven RBIs during that stretch and 19 for the season.
Willmar scored its final run in the seventh inning on an RBI single by Corben Green (Louisiana Monroe) to drive home Suchy. Suchy finished the game with three runs scored and added his 12th stolen base during the contest. Green has 28 RBIs in 24 games since joining the Stingers.
Willmar will travel to Thunder Bay to play its final three games before the All-Star Break, beginning with a Friday contest at 6:05 p.m. CT. Kyle Fischer (St. Cloud State) will start for the Stingers.
The 2012 season is presented by Charter. For more information on your Willmar Stingers be sure to visit the West Central Tribune at www.wctrib.com.
Northwoods League Stories from July 19, 2012
- Suchy's Perfect Day at Plate Leads Willmar to 5-1 Victory - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Drop Game Three 14-2 - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Cool off Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Mallards Blast Four Homers, Blank Chucks 10-0 - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Loggers lose to Express - La Crosse Loggers
- Joe Greenfield Defuses Bombers Thursday, 8-2 - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Bombers' Offense Silenced in Series Finale - Battle Creek Bombers
- Mallards Look to Keep Pace with Streaking Woodchucks - Madison Mallards
- Villalobos Named NWL's Player of the Night - Waterloo Bucks
- Mallards Team up with Second Harvest Foodbank and Thrivent Financial - Madison Mallards
- Honkers Come All the Way Back - Rochester Honkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.