Eighth Inning Rally Sparks 10-5 WinJuly 18, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Oklahoma City RedHawks
Down 5-4 heading into the eighth, the RedHawks erupted for five runs against Omaha reliever Tommy Hottovy (2-2). Matt Dominguez put the RedHawks ahead with a two-run double to center field. Travis Buck followed with an RBI single, and Landon Powell and Barnes provided back-to-back two-out RBI doubles.
Fernando Martinez added a solo homer in the ninth for good measure. With 10 runs and 18 hits Wednesday night, the RedHawks have scored 33 runs with 51 hits over their three games in Omaha.
The game went back and forth for the first seven innings. An error by Jimmy Paredes to start the bottom of the third would come back to hurt the RedHawks later in the inning. With the bases loaded and two outs, Tony Abreu was hit by a pitch to bring home the game's first run.
The RedHawks got on the board in a big way in the fifth. Three straight singles to start the inning loaded up the bases. The Storm Chasers took starting pitcher Ethan Hollingworth out of the game and replaced him with Roman Colon.
Barnes rudely greeted Colon with a grand slam beyond the bleachers in left field to give the RedHawks a 4-1 lead.
Omaha responded in the bottom of the inning when pair of runs scored on an error by Mike Hessman. The Storm Chasers tied the game in the sixth on a two-out, broken-bat RBI single by Clint Robinson.
The Storm Chasers loaded the bases against Aneury Rodriguez with one out in the seventh. Irving Falu then sent a fly ball to center, and Max Ramirez barely beat Barnes throw home to put Omaha ahead 5-4.
Adalberto Flores (6-1) recorded the final two outs of the seventh to earn the win.
The RedHawks will aim for the sweep at Werner Park Thursday night at 7:05 p.m. Live coverage starts at 6:35 p.m. on AM 1340 The Game, 1340thegame.com, or through the free IHeartRadio mobile app.
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 18, 2012
- Sox Early Lead Evaporates in 11-8 Loss to Salt Lake - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Eighth Inning Rally Sparks 10-5 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Cubs Clean up Sloppy Z's in Extras - Iowa Cubs
- Zephyrs Fall to Iowa Cubs in 11 - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Butler Leads Round Rock Express Past Nashville 8-5 - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Fall to Express, 8-5 - Nashville Sounds
- 'Topes and 'Birds Postponed, Doubleheader Set for Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Wells Placed on Disabled List - Iowa Cubs
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes: July 18, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Aces Host Women's Baseball 101 - Reno Aces
- Sacramento Sinks Rainiers In Extras, 9-8 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Cats Outlast Tacoma in 13 Innings, 9-8 - Sacramento River Cats
- Sox Late Rally Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- 'Topes Trounced by Memphis 11-4 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Reno Beats Tucson Twice Tuesday - Tucson Padres
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.