Multi-Run Homers Lead Kansas City to VictoryJuly 18, 2012 - American Association (AA) Kansas City T-Bones
Lee Cruz hit a two-run homer in the third as a part of the four-run inning, in which Kansas City first took the lead, 4-1. Then, during a six-run sixth inning, the T-Bones scored five runs before Sioux City recorded an out, thanks largely to a three-run home run by catcher Pat Trettel. Finally, with Kansas City leading 10-2 in the seventh, Brandon Jones launched a two-run homer to right.
"I think we were a little more aggressive and selective at the plate against the lefty. We handled his fastball pretty well," T-Bones manager Kenny Hook said. "I think when you stay on the fastball and don't let them get on you, you're going to have success. I think guys were using the middle of the field and squaring the ball up pretty good."
The Explorers were the first to score as Yusuke Inoguchi reached home on Ryan Priddy's single in the second inning against Kansas City starter Brian Grening (6-3). After giving up that run, Grening settled down for a total of 6 1/3 innings, striking out six and walking only one. He gave up one more run in the seventh, when the T-Bones were leading 10-1.
Each T-Bones hitter got at least one hit in the game. Jones and Justin Bass each went three for four.
The win brings the T-Bones to 32-27 on the season, as they get an off day before starting a four-game series at Grand Prairie on Friday night.
American Association Stories from July 18, 2012
- Pheasants Topple Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Multi-Run Homers Lead Kansas City to Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kansas City Outlasts X's - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Score Six in Eighth to Take Rubber Match - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Goldeyes Take Series from Saltdogs - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Diablos Finish Record Game With Victory, Then Take Series From Sox - El Paso Diablos
- Big Sixth Inning Leads to Series Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs Add Late Season Promotions - Laredo Lemurs
- More of the Same for AirHogs as Trip Ends - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Tsamis Wins 499th in Saints Managerial Career, Sheldon Ties Homer Mark, Saints Win Fifth Straight 5- - St. Paul Saints
- Diablos And Sox Marathon Suspended - El Paso Diablos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.