TinCaps tame Kernels bats, 6-0July 18, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Cedar Rapids Kernels
Yeison Asencio hit an RBI triple off the centerfield wall to start the TinCaps scoring in the top of the 1st. He then scored four pitches later when Duanel Jones smacked a single. Fort Wayne led 3-0 after Tyler Stubblefield scored via a Mike Gallic sacrifice fly in the 3rd inning. The TinCaps plated the game's fourth run in the 4th inning with an RBI single by Jace Peterson.
The visitors loaded the bases with no outs in the top of the 9th inning before a Stubblefield singled to score Kyle Gaedele. A Gallic fielder's choice tacked on the game's final run. Two Kernels hurlers pitched well in relief of Cedar Rapids starter Michael Johnson. After Johnson (4-5) took the loss in a 5 inning appearance, Joe Melioris and Logan Odom combined for three scoreless innings between the 6th, 7th, and 8th. Odom struck out two TinCaps and recorded the Kernels only 1-2-3 inning on defense.
Fort Wayne reliever James Needy (4-1) earned the victory in 3 innings on the mound after TinCaps starter Chris Fetter only lasted 3 innings.
The Kernels continue the series vs. Ft. Wayne on Thursday evening at 6:35 p.m. Come enjoy Thirsty Thursday, sponsored by Z 102.9. 12 oz. domestic draft beer is only $1.50, and bottled soda and water is $2.00. Also, Midwest Dueling Pianos will be on hand to entertain fans during and after the game. It's also 90's Night so come celebrate the decade of the 1990's.
Get your tickets now! Tickets are available online at www.kernels.com . Ticket office hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Morgan Hawk brings you the live action on the radio home of Kernels baseball, KMRY. Listen at 1450 AM or 93.1 FM, as well as www.kernels.com and www.kmryradio.com .
Midwest League Stories from July 18, 2012
- Miller Dazzles in Complete Game Four-Hitter - Clinton LumberKings
- Suarez Celebrates Birthday, Leads 'Caps to Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- McMahan blasts game-winning homer in tenth for Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Quad Cities Manages Just Three Hits in 7-1 Loss to Captains - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Chiefs Lose 9-8 in 10 on Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- TinCaps Blank Kernels in Series Opener - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rickles Lifts Bees in Ninth, Win 4-3 in South Bend - Burlington Bees
- Longballs Fuel Hot Rods to Checkered Flag - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps tame Kernels bats, 6-0 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Blanked in Bowling Green - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Win Streak Extended to Five with 7-1 Victory - Lake County Captains
- Bees Rally for Series-Opening Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Clinton Blows by Dragons 4-1 - Dayton Dragons
- Lansing/Beloit rained out, twinbill Thursday - Lansing Lugnuts
- Moreno Rejoins Cougars - Kane County Cougars
- Tonight's Game Cancelled against Lansing Lugnuts - Beloit Snappers
- Shipers Named MWL Pitcher of the Week - Clinton LumberKings
- Illini Night with Coach Groce on August 28 - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Release Mobile Site Update with Social Media Platform - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- TinCaps Make Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Goncalves Promoted to Ft. Myers - Beloit Snappers
- Dragons Gameday for July 18 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.