Wishart Agrees to Terms on One-Year DealJuly 18, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers
Wishart, 24, posted 19 points (five goals, 14 assists) with the Islanders' American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, during his fourth professional season. The Belleville, ON, native also appeared in one National Hockey League game last year with the Islanders.
A former first round (16th overall) pick of the San Jose Sharks in the 2006 NHL Draft, Wishart was acquired by the Islanders in a trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning on Jan. 2, 2011 in exchange for Dwayne Roloson. In 26 career NHL games with the Lightning and Islanders, the 6'4, 214-pound defenseman has scored one goal and five assists, while posting a plus-5 rating with 10 penalty minutes. He's added 85 points (19 goals, 66 assists) in 264 career AHL games with the Worcester Sharks, Norfolk Admirals and Sound Tigers.
American Hockey League Stories from July 18, 2012
- Wishart Agrees to Terms on One-Year Deal - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blues Chairman Tom Stillman to Attend Rivermen Season Ticket Holder - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage Coaches Chuck Weber and Jason Cipolla Agree to New Contracts - San Antonio Rampage
- Bruins Sign Defenseman Aaron Johnson - Providence Bruins
- Senators Re-Sign Forward Jim O'Brien to a Two-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Senators Sign Defenceman Eric Gryba to a Two-Year, Two-Way Contract - Binghamton Senators
- Barons Agree to Terms with Dan Ringwald - Oklahoma City Barons
- Monarchs Pellerin Named Head Coach in Bridgeport - Manchester Monarchs
- Pellerin Named Sound Tigers Head Coach - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lightning Hire Rob Zettler as Assistant Coach of Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.