Baysox Make SeaWolves Walk the PlankJuly 16, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Bowie Baysox
The Baysox struck first in the top of the first inning. Antoan Richardson led off with a triple and then with one out scored on an RBI double by Josh Barfield to make the score 1-0.
In the second inning, the Baysox sent 10 players to the plate and struck for five more runs. Allan de San Miguel, Richardson and Schoop hit three straight extra base hits to knock in the first four runs of the inning. Then Josh Barfield hit an RBI single that scored Schoop to cap the scoring and give the Baysox a 6-0 lead.
Buck Brittion extended the lead for the Baysox in the third with a lead off solo home run, his sixth of the season and it gave the Baysox a 7-0 lead.
In the fourth, Jonathan Schoop hit the second straight lead off home run for the Baysox. It was his 11th of the season and it gave the Baysox an 8-0 lead.
The SeaWolves got on the board in the fifth inning. Brandon Douglas led off the inning with a solo home run. Then with two outs and a runner at first Avisail Garcia hit a two-run home run to make the score 8-3.
In the sixth inning, the SeaWolves got two more runs on a two-run home run by Nick Castellanos to make the score 8-5.
The Baysox added one more run in the ninth inning when Jai Miller hit a sacrifice fly to score Rhyne Hughes and make the score 9-5.
Jordan Lennerton led off the bottom of the ninth inning with a solo home run to cut 9-6, but the SeaWolves did not manage another run in the inning.
Tim Bascom picked up the win going six innings and allowing five runs on six hits.
Cesar Carrillo got the loss going four innings and allowing eight runs on 10 hits with two strikeouts and two walks.
Jason Gurka pitched the final three innings and allowed just one run while striking out three to pick up his first career Double-A save.
Tomorrow in game two of the series RHP Mike Wright (0-2, 5.65) will make the start against LHP Ramon Garcia (7-7, 4.32).
The Baysox are currently on a seven-game road trip. All of the games can be heard on www.baysox.com . They will return home on Thursday, July 19 for a seven-game homestand that begins with four games against the Binghamton Mets.
Baysox Baseball - We'll Knock Your 'Sox Off. The Baysox 20th season is underway. Parking is free at every Baysox home game and tickets are now available at www.baysox.com, or by calling the Baysox box office at (301) 464-4865.
Eastern League Stories from July 16, 2012
- Marisnick Hits First Double-A Home Run - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Skid Hits Four with Loss to Squirrels - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Squander Late Lead in Opener, 6-5 - Binghamton Mets
- Squirrels Edge Curve in Series Opener, 5-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats Sweep Doubleheader - New Britain Rock Cats
- Baysox Make SeaWolves Walk the Plank - Bowie Baysox
- Reading Routs Sea Dogs in Series Opener - Portland Sea Dogs
- Aeros Come From Behind to Nip Senators, 5-4 - Akron Aeros
- Thunder Come from Behind Twice in 6-5 Win over Mets - Trenton Thunder
- Arcia's 3-Run Walk-Off Blast Gives Rock Cats Win in Game 1, 8-5 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- B-Mets Encourage Fans to Come Early for Chris Snee Day on Tuesday, July 17 - Binghamton Mets
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Pitcher Mikey O'Brien Activated from DL - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs to Host Naturalization Ceremony on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Trenton Thunder - Binghamton Mets
- Benson to Rock Cats Bigley Promoted to Triple-A - New Britain Rock Cats
- Soto Named EL Pitcher of the Week - Akron Aeros
- Mayora Named EL Player of the Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve to Hold Yard Sale July 21st Benefitting St. Jude - Altoona Curve
- Eastern League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.