San Antonio Pitching Shuts Down MidlandJuly 15, 2012 - Texas League (TL) San Antonio Missions
Missions starter Andrew Werner (4-8, 3.43 ERA) went six innings and surrendered one run on three hits to earn his fourth win of the season.
Jake Blackwood got the Missions on the board with his 20th RBI of the year, plating Cody Decker while Rymer Liriano and Jeudy Valdez would follow suit with back-to-back RBI's to make the score 3-0 at the end of the second inning.
Dean Anna's sacrifice fly in the Missions fourth scored Liriano to give them a 4-0 lead.
The RockHounds would threaten in the ninth but Thomas Layne earned the save by striking out Josh Horton and leaving the tying run on second.
San Antonio improves to 14-8 in the second half and 7-4 at The Wolff. The Missions stand one game back from first place Corpus Christi in the Texas League South Division.
Tomorrow the Missions take the road for a four game series at Frisco, with right-hander Josh Geer (3-2, 4.32 ERA) gets the start. San Antonio will return home to face Midland for the last time this year at home on Friday, July 20th.
Following Friday's game, kids will be allowed to run the bases.
You can catch all the Missions action on KKYX 680 AM, the home of Missions baseball with Roy Acuff and Mike Saeger.
Texas League Stories from July 15, 2012
- Hynick & Sullivan Combine to Blank Travelers - Tulsa Drillers
- San Antonio Pitching Shuts Down Midland - San Antonio Missions
- Pitching Propels Hooks to Series Win - Frisco RoughRiders
- Cardinals Sweep Naturals, Win 8-6 - Springfield Cardinals
- Hellweg Out-Dueled by Hynick as Travs Are Shutout, 1-0 - Arkansas Travelers
- Cardinals Complete Sweep - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Neftali Feliz to Start on Rehab Assignment for Frisco on Monday - Frisco RoughRiders
- Game Notes, July 15 vs. Frisco - Corpus Christi Hooks
- 17-Inning Marathon Game Ends with Travs Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Drillers Take 17 Innings, Nearly 6 Hours to Beat Travs - Tulsa Drillers
- Missions Fall For Third Straight Game To The Rockhounds - San Antonio Missions
- 'Riders End Two-Game Slide on Season-High 19 Hits - Frisco RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.