Mets OF Jason Bay Joins Bisons on MLB Injury Rehab Assignment TodayJuly 14, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Bay has been on the Mets disabled list since June 16, the day after suffering a concussion in a game against Cincinnati. In 22 games with the Mets this season, Bay has hit .187 (14-75) with four home runs, six RBI and 10 runs scored. Bay began his injury rehab with Single-A St. Lucie on July 12 and went 0-6 with two walks in a pair of games.
Bay is a three-time Major League All-Star, having gone to the mid-summer classic as a Pittsburgh Pirate in 2005 and 2006 and as a Boston Red Sox in 2009. He was the National League Rookie of the Year with Pittsburgh in 2004.
International League Stories from July 14, 2012
- Indians Rally for 12-9 Win over Columbus - Indianapolis Indians
- Norfolk wins over Lehigh Valley - Norfolk Tides
- Phelps and Offense Shine as Yankees Pound Chiefs 8-1 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Yankees Dance Past Chiefs, 8-1 - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Rochester 4, Toledo 3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Knock off PawSox for Third Straight - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Gwinnett RHP Todd Redmond Traded to Cincinnati - Gwinnett Braves
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Saturday, July 14 vs. Toledo (Tigers) - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Pawtucket (6:05 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Mets OF Jason Bay Joins Bisons on MLB Injury Rehab Assignment Today - Buffalo Bisons
- Orioles Activate Taylor Teagarden from Disabled List - Norfolk Tides
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.