Parkview Field Among Baseball's Best for Vegetarian OptionsJuly 12, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Fort Wayne TinCaps
The stadium, in its fourth year of operation, offers an extensive list of vegetarian options, including a black-bean burger, a veggie burrito, vegetable wraps, fresh fruit trays, salads and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
"We pride ourselves in our food, our extensive food options and in making our menus friendly for all. We do not want to have anyone's experience lessened because of an unavailable food choice or because of a dietary need. We believe that we serve peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because people; especially children, enjoy them. Not because they satisfy a need," said Scott Kammerer, Culinary Director for the Fort Wayne TinCaps.
PETA looks for a variety of meat-free meals when compiling its rankings and gathers information on each stadium's vegetarian options. Point values are then assigned to those different items, and each minor league stadium is ranked by total points.
"PETA is delighted that Parkview Field has joined our list of the Top 10 Most Vegetarian-Friendly Minor League Ballparks, and we hope to see the stadium stay on our list for many years to come," said PETA Associate Director Chris Holbein.
Midwest League Stories from July 12, 2012
- LumberKings Waste Opportunities, Fall to West Michigan 5-1 - Clinton LumberKings
- Caps Bounce Back With All-Around Performance - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Fall 8-5 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Hawks Deck Cougars to Even Series - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Win 8-5 to Even Series in Peoria - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Routed by Silver Hawks - Kane County Cougars
- Williams Passes up Cycle as Bandits Pound Lugnuts, 15-3 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Lose Late Lead to Bowling Green, 3-2 - Burlington Bees
- Let There be Brett in Burlington - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Williams, Bandits Romp Past Lugnuts, 15-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Walk Away with 6-2 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- SS Andy Burns Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Yambati Promoted to Wilmington - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Activate Junior Arias - Dayton Dragons
- Gary Mitchell placed on 7-day DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Defense Never Rests - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Gameday for July 12 - Dayton Dragons
- Timber Rattlers Slither Past Captains 5-3 - Lake County Captains
- Parkview Field Among Baseball's Best for Vegetarian Options - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Whitecaps "Olympics Night" to Provide One Lucky Fan a Big Screen - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.