Rattlers Roar Back To Top CougarsJuly 9, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
Kane County (44-44 overall, 10-8 second half) went in front with the first three runs of the game. Julio Aparicio hit a leadoff home run in the top of the second inning. In the third inning, Daniel Mateo and Aparicio each had two out RBI triples off Wisconsin starter David Goforth.
Ben McMahan started the comeback with a solo home run in the third inning. The homer was the seventh of the season for McMahan.
Wisconsin (53-34, 9-9) tied the game in the fifth inning with a pair of runs. Macias doubled and McMahan walked with one out. Nick Ramirez singled to drive in Macias and an error on the play allowed both McMahan and Ramirez to each move up a base. Cameron Garfield got McMahan home with the tying run on a ground out.
The Rattlers sprinted in front with three quick runs in the bottom of the sixth inning. Chadwin Stang's bunt single with Max Walla at third and Adrian Williams at first caught the Cougars off guard and got Walla home to put Wisconsin up 4-3.
Williams made the next run with his legs. He would get a walking lead from second base and easily stole third. The throw to third deflected off Williams into left field. By the time the Cougars could corral the baseball, Williams had scored and Stang had sprinted around to third base. Macias smacked an RBI single through the drawn in infield to score Stang for a 6-3 advantage.
Goforth scattered nine hits over six innings. He struck out two and did not walk a batters in the game to earn his sixth win of the season. Alan Williams pitched two scoreless innings out of the bullpen to get to closer Tommy Toledo in the ninth.
Toledo allowed a solo homer to Tim Ferguson with one out in the ninth, but closed out the 6-4 win without any more incidents.
The Timber Rattlers are off on Tuesday. Wisconsin returns to action on Wednesday night from Eastlake, Ohio with a game against the Lake County Captains. Mark Williams (5-6, 2.86) is the scheduled starting pitcher for Wisconsin. Cody Anderson (4-5, 3.11) is set to start for Lake County. Game time is 6:00pm CDT. Tune in for the broadcast on AM1280, WNAM or timberrattlers.com starting with the Miller Lite Pregame Show at 5:40pm.
Midwest League Stories from July 9, 2012
- Furious Comeback Falls Short in Extra-Inning Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Mateo Leads River Bandits to 10-7 Win in Finale with Clinton - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Granier Remarkable in Bees' Win, 3-0 - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Hopes of Sweep Turned Away, 8-3 - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Shutout by Bees' Granier - Beloit Snappers
- Hawks Hammer TinCaps, Sweep Series - South Bend Silver Hawks
- TinCaps Fall 10-2, Lose Fourth Straight - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Stamets walk-off double gives Kernels 4-3 win over Peoria - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Ninth Inning Rain Delay Ruins Chiefs Day - Peoria Chiefs
- Rattlers Roar Back To Top Cougars - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Lose Series to T-Rats - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Yorman Rodriguez Wins League Batter of the Week Award - Dayton Dragons
- Collier Fans 11 As Whitecaps Avoid Sweep - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Collier helps Whitecaps avoid sweep, 6-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Kane County Cougars Homestand Preview: July 11-16 - Kane County Cougars
- Denny McClain to Visit Bees July 16th - Burlington Bees
- David Rollins Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.