Florida State League Names Pitcher and Player of the WeekJuly 9, 2012 - Florida State League (FSL)
The Player of the Week was Fort Myers Miracle Outfielder Danny Ortiz. He played in seven games and had 10 hits in 30 plate appearances for a .333 batting average. His hits included three homeruns, one triple, and two doubles. He had nine RBI's and scored five times. His OBP was .364 and his slugging average was .767. Danny is in his fourth year of professional baseball and resides in Caguas, PR.
The Pitcher of the Week is Clearwater Threshers Lefthander Adam Morgan. He started two games, recorded one win, and had a 0.00 ERA. In 13 innings pitched he gave up five hits, no runs, walked two batters, and struck out 16 batters. Adam is in his second year of professional baseball and resides in Marietta, GA.
Florida State League Stories from July 9, 2012
- Brevard Drops Series Finale to Clearwater - Brevard County Manatees
- Hammerheads Complete Sweep of Miracle - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs Fall Short to Cards - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Tampa Yankees Return Home for Eight-Game Home Stand Starting Wednesday - Tampa Yankees
- Ortiz Named FSL Player of the Week - Fort Myers Miracle
- Florida State League Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - FSL
- Marauders Hold Annual Baseball Camp At Pirate City - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.