Real Salt Lake's Ãlvaro SaborÃo Voted MLS Player of the WeekJuly 9, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS)
SaborÃ-o broke the deadlock in the 60th minute by heading in a Kyle Beckerman cross.
His second came just two minutes later when the Costa Rican attacker got behind the Portland defense, latched onto a deep pass, and nodded the ball past Timbers goalkeeper Troy Perkins.
SaborÃ-o wrapped up the hat trick by capitalizing on a penalty kick opportunity in the 75th minute.
The three-goal performance was his third multiple-goal game this season and moved him into third place in the Golden Boot standings with 10 goals in 20 games played.
The MLS Player of the Week is selected each week of the regular season by a panel of journalists from NASR. The group consists of members of print, television, radio and online media. More information and membership information can be found at http://www.soccerreporters.com/.
Major League Soccer Stories from July 9, 2012
- Earthquakes Weekly Update - San Jose Earthquakes
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Wine and Dine with the Earthquakes Set for September 9 at Guglielmo Winery - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Coach John Spencer Relieved of Duties with Club - Portland Timbers
- Weekly Update: Red Bulls Kick off Three-Game Homestand on Sunday - New York Red Bulls
- Weekly Update: Rapids Host FC Dallas on Saturday, July 14 - Colorado Rapids
- Midfielder Bryan Arguez Loaned to FC Edmonton - Montreal Impact
- Sporting Kansas City Returns to First - Sporting Kansas City
- Third Hat Trick in RSL History Nets SaborÃo His Third Career Player of the Week Award - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire Test Road-Weary Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake's Ãlvaro SaborÃo Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Transfer M Anthony Ampaipitakwong to Thai Club Buriram United - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers U-23s Fall 1-0 to Kitsap on Late Goal - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.