Kemp Finishes Rehab with Quakes; Rancho Falls 4-2July 7, 2012 - California League (CalL) Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
After scoring 13 runs in the series-opener and even with a rehabbing Matt Kemp in the lineup, Rancho was held to just two runs in each of the final two games of the series, as they dropped two of three to the 66ers and failed to win their second consecutive series.
Just a half-inning after the Quakes had tied the game at 2-2, Taylor Lindsey's RBI double put Inland Empire ahead to stay at 3-2 in the bottom of the seventh. Lindsey would later score on Rancho's fourth error of the game, giving Inland Empire some cushion at 4-2.
The Quakes went quietly over the final two innings, as Manny Flores and Daniel Tillman both worked perfect frames, with Tillman recording his second save of the year.
Randal Grichuk's two-run double in the first off of JonMichael Redding (6-2) gave Inland Empire an early lead at 2-0.
The Quakes couldn't put anything together against Inland Empire starter Manaurys Correa (5-6) until the fifth, when they finally broke through with a run on a Joc Pederson RBI single, making it 2-1. Pederson finished the game with three of Rancho's nine hits.
Kemp, who is slated to continue his rehab assignment in Albuquerque on Saturday with the Triple-A Isotopes, finished Friday's game at 1-for-4 with a pair of strikeouts. In four games with the Quakes, Kemp went 6-for-15 with four RBIs.
The Quakes (6-10, 43-43) continue their road trip in San Jose on Saturday, as Brandon Martinez (2-1) takes on San Jose lefty Jack Snodgrass, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm.
On Wednesday, July 11th, the Quakes return to The Epicenter for a three-game home stand against Inland Empire. July 11th is another Terra Vista Animal Hospital Bark in the Ballpark, as fans are invited to bring their four-legged friends to The Epicenter. Tickets are available by calling (909) 481-5000 or online at rcquakes.com. Go Quakes!
California League Stories from July 7, 2012
- Quakes Win 11-10 Shoot-Out in San Jose - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- 66ers Ace Returns from Disabled List - Inland Empire 66ers
- San Jose Giants on Deck: Giants Continue Homestand against Rancho Cucamonga - San Jose Giants
- Blaze Lose Marathon 15-Inning Contest, 7-4 - Bakersfield Blaze
- JetHawks Rally in Ninth to Avoid Sweep - Lancaster JetHawks
- Kemp Finishes Rehab with Quakes; Rancho Falls 4-2 - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Giants Held to Four Hits in 6-1 Defeat - San Jose Giants
- 66ers Beat Kemp and Quakes - Inland Empire 66ers
- Anne Kenyon Can Catch and She Can Pitch at 92 - San Jose Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.