Lee Extends Hitting-Streak in Blowout WinJuly 6, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Montgomery Biscuits
Sitting at 0-for-4 on the night in the eighth and with an 0-2 count, Lee hit a chopper to second and legged out an infield single to extend his hit-streak to 17 games, the longest in the Southern League this season, and the third-longest in Biscuits history.
The Biscuits jumped out early on BayBear starter Gaby Hernandez (0-6) as Kyeong Kang ripped a bases-clearing triple in the first inning to open up a 3-0 lead. Kang, Ryan Garko, and Mike Sheridan would all homer later in the night, marking the first time this season the Biscuits have collected three homers in one game.
Colome (4-3) made his best start of the year tossing eight innings while allowing one run on five hits. Colome showed excellent control pumping 70 strikes out of 98 pitches with eight strikeouts and only one walk for the win. The only run off the Biscuits' starter was an Alfredo Marte solo home run in the seventh inning.
Kang finished the night a double short of the cycle going 3-for-4 with four RBI to lead a 12-hit outburst.
The Biscuits will open up a three-game series with the Jackson Generals Saturday night at 7:05. LHP Kyle Lobstein will start for Montgomery while LHP James Paxton will counter for Jackson.
Southern League Stories from July 6, 2012
- Lee Extends Hitting-Streak in Blowout Win - Montgomery Biscuits
- Smokies Split Doubleheader with Suns Friday Night - Tennessee Smokies
- Blue Wahoos Welcome 200,000th Fan to Pensacola Bayfront Stadium - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Special Appearance and Giveaway Scheduled at Smokies Park - Tennessee Smokies
- Media Release - Meet & Greet with Bob Brenly at Smokies Park Monday - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- Barons to Auction off Game-Worn Military Themed Jerseys - Birmingham Barons
- Hunter Morris Named Topps Southern League Player of the Month for June - SL
- Inside the Blue Wahoos Airing Now on 1450 ESPN - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Suns Among Top 12 Attendance July 3rd-4th - Jacksonville Suns
- BayBears Come Back with Two in Ninth for 6-5 Win - Mobile BayBears
- Lookouts Even Series with Stars - Huntsville Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.