Dragons Announce Roster ChangesJuly 4, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Dayton Dragons
Catcher/first baseman Danny Vicioso and left-hander pitcher Tanner Robles have been promoted from Dayton to Bakersfield (California League).
Right-handed pitcher Wes Mugarian has been promoted to Dayton from Billings (Pioneer League).
The Dragons roster currently stands at 24 players, one below the Midwest League limit.
Mugarian, 20, will make his Midwest League debut as the Dragons starting pitcher on Thursday night against South Bend at Fifth Third Field. He was the Reds' fifth round draft pick in 2010 out of Pensacola Catholic High School in Pensacola, Florida. He has made three starts at Billings this season, going 1-1 with a 3.21 earned run average.
Robles made 16 starts for the Dragons this season, going 5-5 with a 4.45 ERA.
Vicioso has appeared in 21 games with the Dragons this season, batting .234 with no home runs and four runs batted in. He opened the season with the Dragons before a late-May promotion to Bakersfield. He re-joined the Dragons from Bakersfield on Sunday and played in one game before returning to Bakersfield today.
The Dragons host the South Bend Silver Hawks tonight at 7:00 p.m. (WONE 980 AM) in the start of a six-game home stand.
Midwest League Stories from July 4, 2012
- Bees' Struggles in Peoria Continue, Lose 8-2 - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Lose on the 4th to Quad Cities - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels fall to Wisconsin, 10-9 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Gaviglio, Offense Push Bandits Past Cougars for 12-7 Win - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Whitecaps Open Homestand With 4th Of July Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Pierre, Lugs provide late fireworks in 8-4 win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons Break Club Hits Record in 17-4 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Squash Hawks with 24-Hit Attack - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Two out Magic Helps Captains Win 6-1 - Lake County Captains
- Lansing Tops Loons on July 4 - Great Lakes Loons
- TinCaps Dominant in 8-1 Independence Day Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Rocket Past Kernels With Big Eighth Inning - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Geiger and Zapata Homer Chiefs to Holiday Win - Peoria Chiefs
- Goeddel Homers But Big Inning Dooms Hot Rods - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Announce Roster Moves: July 4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Announce Roster Changes - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.