Saints Finally Win Series in Lincoln...But at HomeJuly 3, 2012 - American Association (AA) St. Paul Saints
The Saints and Saltdogs played six innings at Haymarket Park and sat through two separate rain delays that totaled nearly three hours. When the first rain delay of nearly two hours ended the Saints came out swinging. They scored four runs in the first inning when Jim Rapoport led off with a walk and scored on a Willie Cabrera double. Two batters later Ronnie Bourquin made it 2-0 with an RBI single. After a walk to Tanner Townsend, Jose Hernandez doubled home two giving the Saints a 4-0 lead. The teams sat through another 59 minute rain delay after that hit.
With the Saints up 4-2 in the third Hernandez hit a solo homer to give the Saints a 5-2 lead. With two outs Alex Garabedian reached on an error by shortstop Joe Spiers. He moved to second on a single by Rapoport and Shane Costa walked to load the bases. Cabrera followed with a walk to force in a run and make it 6-2.
In the fifth the Saints made it 8-2 scoring two more runs when they loaded the bases with two outs. Costa singled and Cabrera and Ole Sheldon walked. Bourquin came through again with a two-run double.
After Chris Odegaard recorded the final out in the sixth inning the midnight curfew took place and the Saints and Saltdogs were forced to continue the game the next time the two teams played which was Tuesday.
When the game resumed the Saints picked up where they left off scoring a run in the seventh on a sac fly by Bourquin. He finished the game going 3-4 with two doubles, four RBI and two runs scored.
The Saints added two in the eighth and one in the ninth to finish off the game. The 12 runs is a season high for the Saints.
American Association Stories from July 3, 2012
- Big Eighth Inning Propels Saints to 13-6 Win over Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Saints Finally Win Series in Lincoln...But at Home - St. Paul Saints
- Kansas City Rallies to Beat Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wiley Shuts off Sioux Falls Rally in Kansas City Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Sioux City Prevails in Extras Again - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Falter in the Ninth - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Fall in 10th as Streak Hits Seven - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Jump out Early, Hold on Late - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Hang on against Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wingnuts Add Former NBC World Series MVP - Wichita Wingnuts
- Day Picked up by Astros - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Goldeyes Welcome Back de Caster, Move Martinez - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.