Sioux City Prevails in Extras AgainJuly 3, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
Backman started the tenth inning with a double to centerfield. Mike Bisenius put down a perfect bunt, which ended up being a base hit that moved Backman to third. The Explorers got off to a quick start when Kris Sanchez hit a two-run home run in the second inning to give Sioux City a 2-0 lead. In the third inning Bistange led off with a home run, his third of the season to give the Explorers a 3-0 advantage.
Gary SouthShore came back with single runs in the fourth, fifth and sixth innings to tie the game at 3-3. That set the stage for the winning run in the tenth. Chris Bodishbaught pitched the final two innings in relief to pick up his second straight win.
The Explorers and the RailCats will meet in the second game of the four-game series Wednesday at 7:05 at Lewis and Clark Park with fireworks following the game.
American Association Stories from July 3, 2012
- Big Eighth Inning Propels Saints to 13-6 Win over Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Saints Finally Win Series in Lincoln...But at Home - St. Paul Saints
- Kansas City Rallies to Beat Pheasants - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Wiley Shuts off Sioux Falls Rally in Kansas City Win - Kansas City T-Bones
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Sioux City Prevails in Extras Again - Sioux City Explorers
- Fish Falter in the Ninth - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RailCats Fall in 10th as Streak Hits Seven - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs Jump out Early, Hold on Late - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- AirHogs Hang on against Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Wingnuts Add Former NBC World Series MVP - Wichita Wingnuts
- Day Picked up by Astros - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Goldeyes Welcome Back de Caster, Move Martinez - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.