Shane Riedie joins Kernels from Orem; Eswarlin Jimenez placed on DLJuly 2, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Cedar Rapids Kernels
The Angels selected Riedie, 22, in the 21st round of the 2011 First Year Player Draft out of the University of Tampa and he split time last season between Orem and the AZL Angels with a combined 1-2 record and 8.20 ERA in 15 games (four starts). In 26.1 IP, he allowed 42 hits and 29 runs (24 earned) with 13 walks and 21 strikeouts. He has made three relief appearances for Orem this year with no record and a 2.16 ERA, allowing three runs (two earned) on eight hits, walking one and striking out two over 8.1 IP.
This is Jimenez's second stint on the DL. This year for the Kernels he has a 3-4 record and 4.16 ERA in 15 games (11 starts), allowing 77 hits and 34 runs (29 earned) with 17 walks and 36 strikeouts in 62.2 IP.
With today's transaction, the Kernels roster is at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with two players on the disabled list.
The Kernels continue a six game road trip tonight in Beloit at 7:00 pm. They return to Perfect Game Field at Veterans Memorial Stadium on Wednesday, July 4th to open a six game home stand with games against Wisconsin and Peoria.
Morgan Hawk brings you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com .
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
Midwest League Stories from July 2, 2012
- Quad Cities' Winning Streak Snapped in 9-2 Loss to Wisconsin - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Beloit bites Kernels with another one-run loss, 6-5 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Navarro Delivers Game-Winner in Extras - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Carpenter Stellar But Hot Rods Fall Late - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Buckley's Homer Lifts Dragons to Comeback Win - Dayton Dragons
- Sanchez's Seven Guide Loons to Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Win in Walk-Off Fashion - Burlington Bees
- Hawks withstand Pillar HR, top Lugs in 10 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Lose for Sixth Straight Night - Peoria Chiefs
- West Michigan Nearly No-Hit In 1-0 Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Rattlers Rock River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Score Shutout Win over Chiefs - Kane County Cougars
- TinCaps Hang On, Defeat Captains, 5-4 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Fort Wayne Rallies Late and Wins 5-4 - Lake County Captains
- Former Kernels Trout, Trumbo and Napoli Selected to MLB All-Star Game - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons Homestand Preview - Dayton Dragons
- OF Lee Orr Placed on DL - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Voting Underway for Dragons Players of the Month - Dayton Dragons
- Shane Riedie joins Kernels from Orem; Eswarlin Jimenez placed on DL - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- MWL Honors Sanchez as Pitcher of the Week - Lansing Lugnuts
- Pair of Former Cougars Named Major League All-Stars - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Gameday for July 2 - Dayton Dragons
- Tickets for July 4 and 5 Whitecaps Games on Sale for $5 Today - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.