Rascals Lose Fourth-StraightJuly 1, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) River City Rascals
River City (22-18) jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first inning on a sacrifice fly from Charlie Lisk and single from Jeremy Synan. Normal (15-23) scored a run in the second but the Rascals responded with one in the bottom of the frame to keep the lead at two runs, 3-1.
Normal tied it at three in the third with two runs as River City committed two errors, three in total the first three innings that allowed the first three CornBelter runs to score. The Rascals would respond in the bottom of the inning again, plating two runs on three hits and would add another to make the score 6-3 in the fourth.
The CornBelters responded in the fifth with the first of two four-run innings to take a 7-6 lead but River City answered again with an unearned run in the fifth to tie the game at seven.
In the top of the seventh the CornBelters took advantage of two more Rascal errors, scoring four runs on three singles to take an 11-7 lead. The Rascals left two runners on in the seventh (and 12 for the game) but scored two runs on a throwing error in the eighth to close the gap to 11-9 before Normal closer Marshall Shuler retired the side in the ninth.
River City looks to even the series tomorrow with first pitch set for 6:05.
Frontier League Stories from July 1, 2012
- Bullock's Gem Guides Evansville to 2-0 Win over Windy City - Evansville Otters
- Rascals Dominate Normal - River City Rascals
- Slammers Snap Four Game Skid - Joliet Slammers
- Grizzlies Shutout Miners for Third Straight Win - Gateway Grizzlies
- Schult Pitches Slammers Past RiverHawks - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Shutout in Gateway - Southern Illinois Miners
- Grizzlies Announce Time Change for July 3rd and July 4th - Gateway Grizzlies
- CornBelters Walloped by River City - Normal CornBelters
- Lake Erie Crushers Split DH with Florence - Lake Erie Crushers
- Mozingo's Walk-Off Double Caps Ninth Inning Rally - Schaumburg Boomers
- Boomers Rally to Snap Beach Bums Win Streak - Traverse City Beach Bums
- July 1 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Rippers Grab Canada Day Win in Grand Fashion - London Rippers
- RiverHawks release pitcher - Rockford RiverHawks
- Beach Bums' Langbehn Named East Division All-Star Manager - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Max Peterson Has Contract Purchased by White Sox - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rascals Lose Fourth-Straight - River City Rascals
- Offense Carries Grizzlies to Win over Miners - Gateway Grizzlies
- Miners Lose Series Opener to Grizzlies - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.