Plagman Delivers Dagger in 10th as SeaWolves Edge Aeros, 5-4June 29, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Akron Aeros
Plagman, who also had an RBI double in the first inning, came up with two outs and runners on first and second in the 10th inning with the score tied at 4-4. Facing Aeros reliever Rob Bryson, he hit a sinking line drive to left that fell in from of Nick Weglarz for a base hit. Niuman Romero raced around from second to score the go-ahead run. Romero had led off the inning with a walk from Bryan Price (2-2).
In the bottom of the 10th, Erie closer Bruce Rondon hit Weglarz with a pitch to start the inning, but then retired three straight batters for his third save of the series and fifth overall.
The SeaWolves (39-39) took three of four from the Aeros, and have dominated the season-series, winning nine of 14 games.
The Aeros (48-32) rallied from a 4-0 deficit with three runs in the fifth inning. Kyle Bellows clubbed a two-run double, and Ryan Rohlinger added a sacrifice fly.
They tied it 4-4 in the eighth on an RBI single by Thomas Neal, who had three hits on the night. The Aeros had to settle for the tie when Chun Chen was thrown out at the plate by Erie's Michael Rockett as Chen tried to score on a base hit by Bellows.
Akron threatened in the bottom of the ninth, drawing a pair of walks, but SeaWolves lefty Kenny Faulk (1-0) retired Chen and Juan Diaz to crush the rally.
Following an initial rain delay of one hour and 15 minutes, the SeaWolves jumped on starter Paolo Espino for three runs in the first inning.
The Aeros will welcome in the Richmond Flying Squirrels (Giants) for the start of a four-game series on Saturday night at 7:05. RHP Chris Heston (6-3, 1.68) will start for Richmond. The Aeros will counter with LHP T.J. House (5-2, 3.71). All Aeros games are broadcast on Fox Sports 1350 AM and online at www.akronaeros.com. For more information, please call the Aeros at 330-253-5151.
Eastern League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Plagman Delivers Dagger in 10th as SeaWolves Edge Aeros, 5-4 - Akron Aeros
- 'Wolves Take Series with Extra Innings Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Grossman, Irwin Lead Curve to 11-3 Victory over 'Sens - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Swept Away to Start Homestand, 8-5 - Binghamton Mets
- Altoona Gains Split with 11-3 Win over the Sens - Harrisburg Senators
- Five-Run Third Pushes New Britain Past Thunder, 8-4 - Trenton Thunder
- Goins Blasts Homer in 9-3 Loss at Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Sweep B-Mets - Bowie Baysox
- Sea Dogs Bite Fisher Cats 9-3 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Britain Takes Three out of Four From 1st Place Trenton - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels Run out of Gas in Reading, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- OF Abraham Almonte Hits DL; RHP Farquhar Designated - Trenton Thunder
- R-Phils Service Electric, Comcast SportsNet to Air All-Star Classic - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Bowie Baysox - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder to be Honored at Yankee Stadium Tonight - Trenton Thunder
- Three Rock Cats Named to EL All-Star Team - New Britain Rock Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Five Baysox Named to All-Star Team - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.