Eddies Look to Sink the IslandersJune 29, 2012 - North American Soccer League (NASL) FC Edmonton
FC Edmonton is coming off two straight road losses (0-1 against the Fort Lauderdale Strikers and 0-2 against the Carolina RailHawks) but are hoping that a little home cooking goes a long way on Sunday.
Prior to going on the road, the Eddies had beaten the Fort Lauderdale Strikers at Clarke in front of a packed house of enthusiastic fans.
So far this season the Eddies have enjoyed more success at home (2-1-2) than they have on the road (1-1-5).
"We knew that we'd be a better home team just because of the distances we have to travel coming from Canada," said FCE technical director Joe Petrone. "We're confident that if we continue to play well at Clarke and keep getting the full three points, we'll climb back into a playoff spot."
The Islanders are the early-season NASL leaders sitting in first place on 23 points, just one point ahead of the surprising upstart San Antonio Scorpions. The Islanders are nearly unbeatable at home (5-1-1) but on the road their record tells a different story (2-1-2).
FC Edmonton has 11 points from 12 games so far.
Last time the two teams faced each other, the Eddies were able to come out of Puerto Rico with a point thanks to a 0-0 draw.
They'll be looking for the full three before the fireworks start on Sunday night.
North American Soccer League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Guatemala and Panama Bring International Soccer to Historic Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Eddies Look to Sink the Islanders - FC Edmonton
- Rowdies Host Minnesota Tomorrow Night - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Match Preview: Carolina RailHawks vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers - Carolina RailHawks
- First Annual Scorpions International Challenge Set - San Antonio Scorpions
- Strikers Host Streaking RailHawks at Lockhart Saturday - Fort Lauderdale Strikers
- Minnesota Stars FC Back on the Road to Face Rowdies - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.