Aces-Diamondbacks Extend Partnership Through 2016June 29, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Reno Aces
Reno has been a Diamondbacks affiliate since the franchise began play in Reno in 2009. Prior to that, the D-backs Triple-A entry spent 11 seasons in Tucson, Ariz. In 2010, the Aces and D-backs signed a two-year renewal of the PDC.
Over the last four seasons, many of Arizona's top prospects have spent time at Aces Ballpark-including Trevor Bauer, Josh Collmenter, Patrick Corbin, Wade Miley and Bryan Shaw. Last season, Aces skipper Brett Butler was tabbed the Pacific Coast League's Best Managerial Prospect in Baseball America's annual "Best Tools" issue.
Twenty different D-backs players have suited up for Reno on Major League Rehabilitation Assignments, including Stephen Drew, Daniel Hudson and Chris Young this season. Of Arizona's current 25-man active roster, 11 players have worn an Aces uniform.
Reno has gone 272-239 (.532) all-time, and advanced to the postseason for the first time in 2011. This season, Reno has a six-game lead in the Pacific North Division and will send four players to the 2012 Triple-A All-Star Game.
The Aces finish-up a three game series against the Fresno Grizzlies tonight at Aces Ballpark. First pitch is set for 7:05 p.m. PT. Tickets are on-sale now at RenoAces.com, by calling (775) 334-7000 or by visiting the Aces Ballpark Ticket Office.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 29, 2012
- Aces Cruise Past Grizzlies, 11-3 - Reno Aces
- Padres fall to Sky Sox - Tucson Padres
- Rainiers Shut Out By Las Vegas, 4-0 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sogard Gives River Cats 1-0, Walk-Off Win in Extras - Sacramento River Cats
- Adams Adamant against Albuquerque - Memphis Redbirds
- 'Topes Battered by 'Birds, 9-5 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Lopez, Cubs Shutout RedHawks, 7-0 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Storm Chasers Put Away the Zephyrs, 8-3, on Friday Night - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Deafen Round Rock Express 2-0 - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Evade RedHawks Swoop in Shutout - Iowa Cubs
- Nashville Takes Series with 2-0 Shutout in Round Rock - Nashville Sounds
- Chasers Defeat Zephyrs 8-3, Win Series - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Express Host New Orleans To Conclude Home Stand Series Concludes With Independence Day Fireworks Cel - Round Rock Express
- Sky Sox Release Patriotic Independence Week Schedule of Events - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Storm Chasers to Host the 20th Anniversary Sandlot Tour - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Aces-Diamondbacks Extend Partnership Through 2016 - Reno Aces
- RedHawks Game Notes: June 29, 2012 - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes vs. Nashville Sounds - Round Rock Express
- July 4th Berm Seating Goes on Sale Tomorrow - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Foiled By 51s Luis Jimenez, Adam Moore homer for Tacoma - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Fall 11-8 to Fresno - Reno Aces
- River Cats Bested by Bees, 10-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Tucson beats Colorado Springs - Tucson Padres
- Chasers Zapped by the Zephyrs, Lose 12-1 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Topes Rally by Redbirds - Memphis Redbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.