Roadrunners Win Third StraightJune 28, 2012 - North American League (NAL) Edinburg Roadrunners
Martinez (5-2) picked up his fifth straight win of the season after pitching eight innings and allowing just two runs on eight hits with five strike outs.
The Prairie Dogs (14-19) got on the scoreboard first as they got an RBI single from Zach Welch in the top of the third that scored Jason Martin to make it 1-0.
Tim Battle tied the game in the bottom of the third with his second home run of the season, a solo shot.
In the bottom of the fourth and the bases loaded, Cristobal Santana hit an RBI fielder's choice that allowed Derek Perren to score. A bases loaded walk to Pascual Del Real then drove in Felix Molina that made it 3-1 Edinburg.
Another RBI single by Welch in the top of the fifth that allowed Eddie Browne to score cut the Roadrunners lead 3-2.
Edinburg (21-13) then batted around in the bottom of the sixth. Carlos Hereaud started the inning with a double and then came around to score on a throwing error by the pitcher. After a single by Osiel Flores put runners on the corners, Santana delivered the RBI single to left. With two outs in the inning, Wilmer Pino lined an RBI single to left extending the lead to 6-2.
Tetsuya Iwasaki ended the ball game with a scoreless ninth giving Edinburg the 6-2 victory.
The Roadrunners and Prairie Dogs will play the third game of their four-game series Friday night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. Ryan Smith (3-1) is expected to face Billy Petrick (2-0) with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
North American League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Rio Grande Valley Loses - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Abilene Slips in Edinburg - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Cats Once Again Outlasted by Thunder - Fort Worth Cats
- Thunder Use Strong Pitching Performance - McAllen Thunder
- Roadrunners Win Third Straight - Edinburg Roadrunners
- San Rafael Pacifics and Sonoma County Grapes Celebrate Sonoma with Weekend Series - San Rafael Pacifics
- Colts Sign Rookie Catcher - San Angelo Colts
- Dogs on The Wrong Side of 12-6 Decision - Abilene Prairie Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.