Glenn Homers in 4-3 Loss at PortlandJune 28, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
A back-and-forth started in the third with a three-run frame for Portland. With one out, Jackie Bradley Jr. singled a run home against Yohan Pino. Two batters later, a two-out double from Bryce Brentz pushed across two more for a 3-0 lead.
New Hampshire rallied with two runs in the fifth to make it a one-run game. With two down, Brian Bocock extended his hitting streak to eight games with a run-scoring double. After a walk, Mark Sobolewski brought home Bocock with another two-out run.
An inning later, Glenn's home run even the game at 3-3. Glenn's eighth - with two outs - was his second at Hadlock Field and his first since May 26. The tie, however, wouldn't last long as Porltand scratched out one more against Pino in the bottom of the sixth to take a 4-3 lead.
Pino, named an Eastern League All-Star before the game, was done at that point, allowing four runs over six innings to fall to 4-3. He struck out four, walked two, and hit two batters on the might.
Goin, joining Pino and reliever Sam Dyson for the All-Star game, led the offense with two hits, both doubles, in five at-bats. Fellow all-star Mike McDade went 1-4, striking out to end the game with the tying run at first in the ninth. Bocock (eight games), Sobo (six games), and Sean Ochinko (11 games) all extended their hitting streaks in the loss.
The Fisher Cats will now wrap up the first leg of the eight-game road trip on Friday night at 7 PM. RHP Chad Jenkins (4-6, 5.01) takes the ball against RHP Stolmy Pimentel (1-4, 5.98). Radio coverage begins at 6:45 PM with Tom Gauthier on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
The Fisher Cats return home to begin a fireworks-filled six-game homestand starting on the 4th of July against the Future Red Sox, the Portland Sea Dogs. Beginning with the Fourth, the Fisher Cats will host five consecutive nights of Atlas Fireworks during the stand. For the complete list of promotions and to order tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 28, 2012
- Late Rally Falls Short in 8-6 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Neal, Lawson Ignite Aeros in 7-1 Win over SeaWolves - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Hold on For 4-3 Win - Portland Sea Dogs
- All-Star Cumpton Leads Curve to Victory - Altoona Curve
- Baysox Win Fifth Straight, Get Back to .500 - Bowie Baysox
- Glenn Homers in 4-3 Loss at Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Senators Winning Streak Snapped at Three with 4-2 Loss to Altoona - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Snap Streak in Baseballtown, 5-2 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Five Thunder Players Named to All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- Four Fisher Cats Named to Eastern League All-Star Game - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Trio of Sea Dogs Selected to Eastern League All-Star Squad - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Campbell, Wheeler & Marte Headed to Eastern League All-Star Game - Binghamton Mets
- Baseballtown All-Star Classic Rosters Announced - Reading Fightin Phils
- Cabrera, Cumpton, Holt Headed to E.L. All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Harrisburg Senators 2012 All-Stars Announced - Harrisburg Senators
- Four Squirrels Selected to EL All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rosters Announced for Baseballtown All-Star Classic EL All-Star Game - EL
- Four-Run Ninth Sends Rock Cats Past Thunder, 5-4 - Trenton Thunder
- Rock Cats Score 4 In 9th, Win 5-4 - New Britain Rock Cats
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Reading - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Make Your Way to Ballpark Blockparty 2012 on July 3rd - Altoona Curve
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs. Bowie Baysox - Binghamton Mets
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron Aeros - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- RHP Danny Farquhar Added to Thunder - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.