29 Feels Fine in Keys WinJune 25, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Frederick Keys
Only one Mudcats batter hit a ball that reached a Keys outfielder off of Simon in the game.
Still though it was 0-0 into the seventh inning and after a leadoff single from 2B Tony Wolters the Mudcats had a great opportunity. A sacrifice bunt moved Wolters to second base and with two men down LHP Andy Loomis entered. After a failed pickoff play moved the runner to third base, Loomis got Mudcats RF Carlos Moncrief to line out to shortstop and the inning was over.
The Keys, who had five hits without a run in the two innings prior off of starter Michael Goodnight, went to work. 3B Travis Adair walked and went to third on a chopped single into right field by 2B Ty Kelly. A throw from right field sailed, allowing Kelly to get second base on the throwing error. Next up was Aaron Baker who was named Carolina League Player of the Week prior to the game. Baker lined a single to left field, scoring Adair with the game's lone run.
Rains halted the game just prior to the ninth inning.
Frederick pitching has not allowed a run since the 6th inning in a Friday loss to Myrtle Beach. With three consecutive shutouts the streak is now at 29 innings without a run allowed. Keys starters Dylan Bundy, Tyler Wilson and Kyle Simon have worked 18 and 2/3rd's innings of the streak.
The baton is passed Tuesday, June 26th at 7:15 p.m. to RHP Scott Copeland to look to continue the torrid stretch. Coverage begins 20 minutes prior with The Keys On-Deck Show on 1450-AM The Source.
Frederick returns home Sunday, July 1st for Zoo Night featuring animals from the Catoctin Zoo. Their will be a camel, bald eagle, baby alligators and a dove release amongst other things. For tickets contact the Keys at 301-815-9939 or purchase online at frederickkeys.com.
Carolina League Stories from June 25, 2012
- Latest Additions Snap Long Slide - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 29 Feels Fine in Keys Win - Frederick Keys
- Jackson Strong in A-Advanced Debut, But Birds Fall 3-2 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- 'Cats Stuck in the Mud - Carolina Mudcats
- The Third Heidenreich: Dash Blank Sox 8-0 - Salem Red Sox
- P-Nats Lose No-Hitter, Lead Late to Wilmington - Potomac Nationals
- Heidenreich Delivers Complete Game Shutout - Winston-Salem Dash
- Milligan Carries Offense in 3-2 Nail-Biter - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Aaron Baker Named Carolina League Player of the Week - Frederick Keys
- No-No Powers Northcraft to CL "Pitcher of the Week" Honors - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Cole Kimball Joins P-Nats on Rehab Assignment - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.