'Cats Stuck in the MudJune 25, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Carolina Mudcats
A crowd of 2,411 saw the Keys (3-2, 30-45) receive another quality start, this time from Kyle Simon. The right-hander tossed a two-hitter through 6.2 innings, but didn't factor in the decision. He struck out seven hitters to one walk.
Andy Loomis (1-0) got the win with a scoreless inning. Ryan Berry recorded one out for his fourth save.
Against the Keys' hurlers, the Mudcats (3-2, 35-40) managed to get one ball through the infield, a line-drive single to right by Tony Wolters.
Michael Goodnight (2-8) suffered another hard-luck loss despite pitching a quality start. The Texan allowed one run over seven innings. Frederick pushed the winning run across in the seventh on a base hit past a drawn-in infield by Aaron Baker.
Carolina continues the series with Frederick on Tuesday, June 26 at 7:15 p.m. Tickets are available through the box office by calling (919) 269-2287 or visiting carolinamudcats.com.
Carolina League Stories from June 25, 2012
- Latest Additions Snap Long Slide - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 29 Feels Fine in Keys Win - Frederick Keys
- Jackson Strong in A-Advanced Debut, But Birds Fall 3-2 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- 'Cats Stuck in the Mud - Carolina Mudcats
- The Third Heidenreich: Dash Blank Sox 8-0 - Salem Red Sox
- P-Nats Lose No-Hitter, Lead Late to Wilmington - Potomac Nationals
- Heidenreich Delivers Complete Game Shutout - Winston-Salem Dash
- Milligan Carries Offense in 3-2 Nail-Biter - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Blue Rocks Game Notes - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Aaron Baker Named Carolina League Player of the Week - Frederick Keys
- No-No Powers Northcraft to CL "Pitcher of the Week" Honors - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Cole Kimball Joins P-Nats on Rehab Assignment - Potomac Nationals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.