Tampa's Three Homers Spoil Miracle HomecomingJune 25, 2012 - Florida State League (FSL) Fort Myers Miracle
Tampa did most of its damage by bashing three long balls. Rob Segedin knocked an opposite field three-run homer off of Tom Stuifbergen in the third to put the Yankees up 6-0.
Kyle Roller launched a solo homer in the fifth against Matt Hauser and Neil Medchill added a two-run shot off of Hauser in the seventh to put the Yankees up comfortably, 9-0.
Meanwhile, the Miracle offense could not generate much at the plate and grounded into four double plays. Fort Myers registered four singles over the first 3 1/3 innings against Yankees starter David Phelps but could not push any runs across.
Daniel Ortiz was caught stealing third after back-to-back singles in the first and Anderson Hidalgo and Angel Morales grounded into double plays in the second and third innings, respectively.
Hidalgo grounded into another double play in the fifth after Kyle Knudson led off with a walk.
Finally the Miracle answered the Yankees with a home run of their own in the eighth. Angel Morales blasted 3-2 pitch from Nik Turley over the scoreboard for a three-run homer to cut the deficit to 9-3. However, the large deficit proved to much to overcome.
Stuifbergen (0-3) took the loss after allowing six runs and nine hits in four innings.
Manuel Barreda pitched 1 2/3 innings of hitless relief. Nik Turley earned the win by pitching the final three innings.
Medchill went 3 for 5 with two RBIs, two runs scored and finished a triple shy of the cycle. Ramon Flores made it three games in a row with three hits.
Ortiz went 2 for 4 for the Miracle.
The Miracle (29-42, 1-3) and Yankees (32-38, 2-1) continue their series on Tuesday with a doubleheader. Both games are scheduled for seven innings with game 1 beginning at 5:05 p.m.
Join the "Voice of the Miracle" Brice Zimmerman and Adam MacDonald for the broadcast on www.miraclebaseball.com starting at 4:45 p.m.
Florida State League Stories from June 25, 2012
- Tampa's Three Homers Spoil Miracle Homecoming - Fort Myers Miracle
- Stone Crabs and Manatees Doubleheader Postponed - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Monday's Manatees/Stone Crabs Doubleheader Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Brevard County Manatees
- FSL Names Pitcher and Player of the Week - FSL
- Yelich, Fernandez to Play in Futures Game - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Bark at the Ballpark with the Tampa Yankees - Tampa Yankees
- Miracle to Play One, Nine Inning Game Tonight - Fort Myers Miracle
- Fernandez, Conley Join Hammerheads - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Flying Tigers/Hammmerheads Doubleheader Postponed - Lakeland Flying Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.