Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Durham (5:05 P.M.)June 24, 2012 - International League (IL) Buffalo Bisons
Sunday, June 24, 2012 (5:05 p.m.) - Durham Bulls Athletic Park
RHP Matt Harvey (6-3, 3.70) vs. RHP Matt Buschmann (NR)
Radio: WWKB AM 1520, bisons.com
TODAY'S GAME: Tonight, the Buffalo Bisons face the Durham Bulls in the third game of a four-game series from Durham Bulls Athletic Park (5:05 p.m.). Following last night's 11-5 defeat to the Bulls, the Bisons are now just 1-5 on their current eight-game homestand. Buffalo lost three of four from Norfolk last week. The Herd is 19-21 as the road team this season.
vs. BULLS: The Bisons are 0-2 against Durham this season. Buffalo will now have to win two straight over the Bulls to split this series in Durham. The Herd will welcome the Bulls to Buffalo in just a few days, June 30 - July 3. The Bisons have not won a series at Durham Bulls Athletic Park since taking three of four during the 2008 season.
HARVEY: RHP MATT HARVEY makes his team-best 16th start tonight. The righty leads the Bisons in all pitching triple crown categories with six wins, a 3.70ERA and 81 strikeouts. He's tied for the 5th in the IL with those 81 strikeouts, nine behind the recently-promoted Bulls RHP Chris Archer. The Bisons are 11-4 in Harvey's 15 previous starts this year.
MORE HARVEY: RHP MATT HARVEY has been a stopper for the Herd this season. The righty is 4-0 with a 3.64ERA in games after a Bisons' loss. Harvey took the ball on Tuesday in Norfolk and stopped the Herd's season-worst five-game skid with six innings of one-run ball against the Tides. The Bisons won that game 6-1 over Norfolk.
SILKY: INF JOSH SATIN reached base four times last night with two hits and a pair of walks. Satin has hit in five of the six games this roadtrip with a .333 average (7-21) and four walks. Since May 1, Satin has posted a .400 on-base percentage with 27 walks and 40 hits in 47 games.
BISONS BITS: Eight of OF MATT DEN DEKKER'S 11 hits at Triple-A have gone for extra bases (4 doubles, 2 triples, 2 homers)...LHP JUSTIN HAMPSON has made seven consecutive scoreless appearances for the Bisons (9.0IP)...RHP FERNANDO CABRERA as two more saves (15) than any other reliever in the International League.
METS UPDATE : The Mets (39-33) were defeated by the Yankees, 4-3, last night from Citi Field. Former Bisons OF KIRK NIEUWENHUIS hit his seventh home run of the season in the loss. The rubber match of the three-game series is tonight at 8:00 p.m. The Mets will turn to RHP R.A. DICKEY who is 11-1 on the season.
International League Stories from June 24, 2012
- Zach Duke, Syracuse Hand G-Braves 5-2 Loss - Gwinnett Braves
- Chiefs Keep Streaking in Win over Braves - Syracuse Chiefs
- Rays DH Luke Scott to Rehab with Bulls - Durham Bulls
- Bulls Win Season-High Fourth in a Row - Durham Bulls
- Hens Buried in 9-2 Loss to Tides - Toledo Mud Hens
- Knights Pitchers Provide Relief, Beat 'Wings 6-0 - Charlotte Knights
- Red Wings Lefthander Tyler Robertson Has Contract Selected by Twins - Rochester Red Wings
- Rochester Red Wings Post-Game Notes - Charlotte 6, Rochester 0 - Rochester Red Wings
- Yankees End Six Game Slide with 4-0 Win in Indy - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- Scranton Stops Streak with 4-0 Win over Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Take Third Straight from PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo at Durham (5:05 P.M.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Sunday, June 24 vs. Charlotte (White Sox) - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.