BayBears Steal Marathon WinJune 24, 2012 - Southern League (SL) Montgomery Biscuits
The BayBears loaded the bases with two outs against Marquis Fleming (3-2) in the 12th. Matt Davidson ripped a one-hopper to Greg Sexton at third. Sexton fielded and threw to second, but Evan Frey slid in early, allowing Vladimir Sutil to score the winning run from third.
Trailing 3-1 entering the bottom of the ninth, the BayBears scored twice against Kirby Yates to get the game into extras. A groundout cut it to 3-2 and put Marc Krauss at third with two outs. After Yates got ahead of David Nick 0-2, a slider snuck through catcher Mark Thomas' legs and allowed Krauss to come in to score the tying run.
The Biscuits had taken a 3-1 lead in the sixth on a two-out double from Tyler Bortnick.
Bryan Woodall (3-0) got the win for the BayBears, pitching a perfect top of the 12th. Matt Gorgen fired a pair of shutout frames in extras, and used a double play groundout to escape a one-out bases loaded jam in the tenth.
Ty Morrison led the Biscuits offense with a 2-4 night.
Matt Buschmann will make the start for the Biscuits Sunday against Mobile RHP Derek Eitel.
Southern League Stories from June 24, 2012
- Huntsville Rallies in Ninth to Even Series with Generals - Jackson Generals
- M-Braves Batter Barons Behind Hale Beauty, 8-2 - Mississippi Braves
- M-Braves Dismantle Barons 8-2 - Birmingham Barons
- BayBears Fall Short of Comeback in Sunday Matinee - Mobile BayBears
- Biscuits Score All 5 Runs in 6th to Beat BayBears - Montgomery Biscuits
- Mills Blasts Wahoos to Third Straight Win - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Suns and Smokies Suspended Due to Inclement Weather - Jacksonville Suns
- Blue Wahoos Edge Lookouts, 8-7 - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Smokies and Suns Suspended Due to Rain Sunday - Tennessee Smokies
- Generals Game Notes - Jackson Generals
- BayBears Come Back Late and Walk-Off in 12th - Mobile BayBears
- BayBears Steal Marathon Win - Montgomery Biscuits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.