Storm Chasers dip to 17-19 away from homeJune 23, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Omaha Storm Chasers
OKC jumped on Omaha starter Mike Montgomery for a first inning marker on a run-scoring double by Jimmy Paredes and a pair in the second on a lead off long ball by Moore, his third against Storm Chasers pitching this season, and a play involving two throwing errors that scored Fernando Martinez from first base.
David Lough, who committed one of those miscues, belted a two-out solo home run in the fourth that was followed by a Max Ramirez long ball that trimmed the margin to 3-2 and marked the second time this year the visitors had clubbed back-to-back homers. OKC got a run back in the bottom half when Moore drew a lead off walk, moved to second base on a Martinez single and scored on Brad Snyder's sacrifice fly.
Houston Astros right-hander Bud Norris lasted five frames on a rehab start and earned the victory after allowing a pair of runs on three hits, while walking three and striking out seven. Enerio Del Rosario took over and yielded a two-out RBI single to Ramirez in the sixth that again trimmed the Omaha deficit to a run. Jose Valdez worked around a two-out triple by Wil Myers in the seventh and was followed by Adalberto Flores, who tossed a shutout eighth inning. Juan Abreu then retired the side in order in the ninth to preserve the win and earn his fourth save.
Montgomery lasted six innings and suffered the loss after he was charged with four runs, three earned, on six hits, while walking only one and matching a season-high with seven strikeouts. Jeremy Jeffress turned in a scoreless seventh inning and Tommy Hottovy set down all three hitters he encountered in the eighth.
The series continues Sunday evening with Omaha left-hander Doug Davis against OKC right-hander Paul Clemens. Coverage of the game gets underway at 5:45 PM and can be heard locally on 1180 Zone Two, The Deuce and online at omahastormchasers.com.
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 23, 2012
- Blum's Slam Pushes Aces to 12-4 Win - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Express Nip Iowa 4-2 - Round Rock Express
- Sox Rough up Rainiers' Top Prospect in 8-4 Win - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- RedHawks Return Home With 4-3 Win - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Rainiers Clipped By Colorado Springs, 8-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Express Powers Through Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers dip to 17-19 away from home - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Dominguez Homer Rallies Zephyrs Past Redbirds - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Brad Mills Returns from Disabled List - Salt Lake Bees
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Iowa Cubs (Chicago Cubs) - Round Rock Express
- Rainiers Top Reno, 6-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- River Cats Sweep Grizzlies with 2-1 Walk-Off Win - Sacramento River Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.