Diamondbacks Purchase Contract of Michael LangJune 22, 2012 - American Association (AA) - Sioux City Explorers
Lang, 23, signed with the Sioux City Explorers on February 26th and the 2012 season marked his first season in professional baseball. In (35) games with the X's, Lang compiled a .405 batting average, while collecting 49 hits, 7 doubles, 3 triples, 4 homeruns in 121 at-bats, while scoring 28 runs and driving in 25 runs.
Lang played his collegiate years at Rutgers University (2008-2011) and made the All-BIG EAST 2nd Team his senior season. The strong arm outfielder was one of the best in the conference recording six outfield assists from his corner outfield position. Over his collegiate years, Lang has been regarded as one of the best in Rutgers history, ranking in the top 10 for career triples (t-3rd, 13), hits (t-4th, 229), total bases (5th, 372), runs (6th, 176), doubles (t-7th, 48) and home runs (t-9th, 23).
"We are very excited and happy for this young man to get an opportunity with a major league organization, it has been a pleasure to manage such a class act and fine young talent," comments field manager Stan Cliburn."
The X's now have 20 players on their active roster, including 10 pitchers and 10 position players.
Fans looking to purchase season tickets, flex packs and individual game tickets for the 2012 season can call the X's office at (712) 277-WINS (9467), visit the Lewis & Clark Park box office located at 3400 Line Drive.
American Association Stories from June 22, 2012
- American Association Results - AA
- Morales Homer in Extras Lifts Pheasants Past St. Paul - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Walks Doom Diablos As Lemurs Take First Ever Meeting At Cohen Stadium - El Paso Diablos
- Early Deficit Costs Fish - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita defeats the Explorers 13-4 - Sioux City Explorers
- AirHogs and Jackals Suspended After 15 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Unlucky 13 as Saints Lose 4-3 to Pheasants in Extras - St. Paul Saints
- 'Cats Score Nine in First to Take Series Opener - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- 'Dogs Can't Overcome First-Inning Disaster, Drop Opener in Gary - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Clutch Hits Help Wingnuts Win Seventh Straight - Wichita Wingnuts
- Grening Goes Eight as KC Beats Amarillo - Kansas City T-Bones
- The Jacksons Visit U. S. Steel Yard - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Diamondbacks Purchase Contract of Michael Lang - Sioux City Explorers
- Sing Joins 20th-Anniversary Team - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.