Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against GrizzliesJune 21, 2012 - Frontier League (FL) Gateway Grizzlies
Lisk, who led off the 11th, hit the game-winner to right center off Grizzlies reliever Gil Rehwinkel (0-1). It gave the Rascals their second straight walk-off win and set up the chance for a series sweep on Friday night.
River City (19-13) took an early 2-0 lead in the fourth inning, scoring two runs on three hits off Grizzlies starter, Tim Brown. Brown went seven innings and got a no decision. He gave up two runs on eight hits while striking out five and walking two.
Gateway (16-16) rallied back in the sixth to tie the game at two. Richie Jimenez Jr. led off the inning with a single, Jonathan Johnson walked and Antone DeJesus moved the runners over on a sac bunt. With runners on second and third, Jerod Yakubik drove in a run on a sacrifice fly to center and Landon Hernandez picked up an RBI single to left field.
The score stayed 2-2 from the sixth until 11th when the Grizzlies fell for the second time in four extra inning games this season.
Gateway picked up only five hits offensively while striking out 14 times.
The Grizzlies conclude their nine-game road trip on Friday night against the Rascals. Right-hander Ja'Vaun West (0-1) makes the start for Gateway. First pitch is set for 7:05 CT.
Frontier League Stories from June 21, 2012
- Otters Explode in 12th Inning for 6-3 Win at Southern Illinois - Evansville Otters
- Miners Lose in Extras - Southern Illinois Miners
- Take That! Lisk Delivers In The 11th - River City Rascals
- Rascals Walk off for Second Straight Game against Grizzlies - Gateway Grizzlies
- ThunderBolts defeat Beach Bums - Windy City ThunderBolts
- ThunderBolts Claim Game Two - Traverse City Beach Bums
- CornBelters edge RiverHawks, 3-2 - Rockford RiverHawks
- Maxwell Leads Slammers to 2-1 Win - Joliet Slammers
- Boomers Edged in Pitcher's Duel - Schaumburg Boomers
- CornBelters defeat Rockford - Normal CornBelters
- Matt Fields Has Contract Purchased by Royals - Southern Illinois Miners
- Rippers Respond to Liquor License Issue - London Rippers
- June 21 Joliet Slammers Game Notes - Joliet Slammers
- Crushers-Rippers Rained Out - Lake Erie Crushers
- Rippers Game Cancelled - London Rippers
- Two More Pitchers Headed to Affiliated Teams - Windy City ThunderBolts
- RiverHawks Announce Field Training Day & Veterans Appreciation Night - Rockford RiverHawks
- Miners Fall Short in Extras against Otters - Southern Illinois Miners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.